This thread is privately moderated by deckert, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Oct 10, 2013, 12:21 AM
Plowin Dirt
Thread OP
Discussion

Accidents happen!

We're all aware, or should be, of common sense accidents that happen within the hobby because we were lax or inattentive. But sometimes things happen outside the scope of our flying that are or should be preventable. Such is my case. I was truly negligent and the fault is of my own doing. It was a simple mistake but a mistake none-the-less. The end results are not final but I expect the effects to be on-going for a LONG time. As in for the rest of my life.

The real irony is that I have 26 years of industrial/commercial construction as a Union Ironworker with never such an accident. Zero body damage in all those years and this happens while working on a lawn mower for our field. I guess the odds finally caught up with me. Ironically enough, the damage didn't hurt until I went to the emergency clinic. They had to deaden the finger to stitch it back together. Lordy did that hurt! But since the bleeding wouldn't stop, I had no other recourse. Unknown what parts will fall off or what the final results will be but I'm sure it will affect that one digit forever.

I guess I'm posting just to say things happen, or can happen, outside of flying, and we all need to be cognizant of everyday things wherein the potential exists to injure us. This incident was only because my finger was caught between a manual safety arm and a safety switch due to MY lack of attention. No power was involved.

Dan
to remove ads between posts

Quick Reply