This thread is privately moderated by DismayingObservation, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Oct 09, 2013, 02:18 PM
Pronoun trouble...
Thread OP
Discussion

New plane! Sort of.

I had the pleasure a couple or so years ago to review the Yardbird RC Mini Su-30 pusher prop jet.

That little Depron ditty was one heck of a lot of fun.

Key word: Was.

Sadly, time and a few rough landings had taken their toll and I don't like flying glue bombs, something the Su-30 had devolved into, but all was not lost!

During the course of the review, I'd goofed the build after misinterpreting the manual. As a result, I wound up gluing the upper deck upside down across the bottom of the fuselage. I was able to rescue most of it with some cosmetic damage to the deck and more extensive damage to the sides of the fuselage.

Yardbird RC was kind enough to send me a new deck and a few other parts in order to properly complete the review, leaving me with nearly enough parts for a second model. Ken Young of Subsonic Planes now operates the company and I emailed Ken with a wish list of what I'd need to build a new plane, parts which he sold to me at a terrific price. I wound up needing new servos for which I paid full pop, an unexpected expense. No problem.

I used the original model as an assembly guide and before long, I had me a new/old Su-30! Even the slight cosmetic damage to the top of the deck was mostly hidden by the stickers and a Sharpie marker.

She flies like a dream and believe me, it's nice to have a Yardbird back in the hangar.
to remove ads between posts

Quick Reply