Oct 09, 2013, 12:47 PM
DS will change your life
Thread OP
Discussion

ARTHOBBY, pilots thread.

Starting the Arthobby pilots thread.
For lovers of these great gliders.
For tips and advice, and where to get them..

http://gliders.arthobby.pl/
http://gliders.arthobby.pl/index.php...ub_category=32

And Hobbyking Euro now have a few on stock

https://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...s-Gliders.html

+

http://modellflugwelt.de/flugzeuge?p=1&s=65

http://zeller-modellbau.com/flugzeuge/segler.html

http://www.pp-rc.de/SHOP/arthobby-szyb-E.htm

How to cut AILERON and FLAPS on the new wings with internally hinge
Arthobby wing, aileron/flaps cut (5 min 34 sec)

Advertisement:
Thermic 2,5 M
Arthobby Thermic 2,5. At the beach. (1 min 43 sec)

Odyssey 2,7 M
Odessey first flights (1 min 45 sec)

Sky 1,7 M
Arthobby Sky 1,7 M. Sloping and DS. (1 min 52 sec)

Tigra
Arthobby Tigra (1 min 6 sec)

We now have a Silent 3,4m, 4x Odyssey 2,7 M + 3x Thermic 2,5 + a Evolution 2,5 M + a Castor 2,5 M + a Sky 1,7 M + 2x Bobolink and a Tigra at my RC Club.
And we all love them..

Regards
Soren
Last edited by SpeedsterDEN; Jul 21, 2018 at 02:08 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Oct 09, 2013, 12:58 PM
Dean
Soren, in the first link to AH I get to home page but when I try and see products.....all I get is a blank black page!
Oct 09, 2013, 01:09 PM
DS will change your life
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by A10FLYR
Soren, in the first link to AH I get to home page but when I try and see products.....all I get is a blank black page!

Sometime the web page do that, but try this one;
http://gliders.arthobby.pl/index.php...ub_category=32
Oct 09, 2013, 01:14 PM
Dean
Works great!
Thanks...
Oct 09, 2013, 03:34 PM
The King Moonracer of balsa.
I was intrigued to see that the Poland site still shows the Thermic and Castor as available. Both of these models are no longer available in the US. Any of you have any experience ordering directly from the Art Hobby Poland site?

Wayne
Oct 10, 2013, 12:15 AM
DS will change your life
Thread OP
Hi
I have ordered my Odyssey and som equipment.
You cant pay with credit card, but have to transfer money.
I did that with my home banking, and there was no problems, and I got the glider after around 10 days. (Denmark)

S
Oct 11, 2013, 03:14 PM
Hi
Great idea for Arthobby treat.
I enjoy in Hyper on light slope thermal action...
Wondering, can You compare IN GENERAL airfoil HN1033 and SD 7080.
Which one is more floaty and which penetrate better and do You feel difference?
Thanks
boris
Oct 11, 2013, 06:48 PM
Boris,

First my disclaimer: I am not an airfoil technician <smile>. I just fly and smile.

I can give you my flying impressions. For me, the 1033 does better in lighter air. Since my Castor has that airfoil, it is my plane of choice when the lift is not so good. Was out with it today. The 7080 is on several of my other planes. Good all-around performer for me. My planes with the 7080 "feel" faster to me and handle the wind better than my 1033 ships.

It is rare that I fail to catch thermals with either of the mentioned airfoils.

Hope these impressions help.

Dave
Oct 11, 2013, 11:16 PM
dumbthumb
I fly a Sky C and a Sky V in 2 Mts Competition. Get 2nd place last year, 10 points behind a Sprite from Vladimir Models, a very superior (and expensive) ship.

I've sold 1 Sky (C), the V will turn to sloper this season, whenever I repare its wing, broke on a launch on a wrong radio memory choose.

I've built several Boars and an Hyper. Not the most easy build, but if you take your time you'll get a very efficient thermal ship. Keep the weight under 700grs and build it with flaps.

Now I got a Serena and a Boar at the shop, they arrive last week, box still unopened. I need to decide which to take into competition. Serena looks nice for thermal but I don't know how she performs on speed task. Its cambered profile looks a little too much for speed, but I'm sure it takes thermals as a winner.
Oct 12, 2013, 01:31 AM
Dave
thanks a lot for comparation.
My Hyper has HN1033 and it is floaty.

But I found this numbers:
HN1033 has a 7.85 % thickness
SD7080 has a 9.2 % thickness.
Based just on that, HD1033 should be faster. Hmmmmmm

But airfoil on Arthobby are modif. (it is wrote on there web site) so maybe those numbers are not on AH sailplanes.

Next to Dave comparation wondering what do You think SpeedsterDEN about difference between these 2 airfoils because You in Your club has several diffeerent AH models too.
thx, boris
Oct 13, 2013, 01:52 PM
DS will change your life
Thread OP
Slope Flying in front and on my mate parents' house with his AH Sky 1,7 M.

Cool Little glider.

Slope Flying (2 min 48 sec)

Thermic 2,5. Beach flying
Thermic at the beach. (1 min 58 sec)

Cheers
S
Oct 17, 2013, 06:43 PM
Sub
Ross
Oct 18, 2013, 11:37 AM
DS will change your life
Thread OP
Great day with the Arthobby gliders.
First Sloping and DS at the ski hill,
2xThermic, 1x Sky

This hill, (Not from today)
Arthobby Odyssey 2,7 M (1 min 37 sec)

Then sloping at the 8 feet pier with 2x Thermic and a Sky, then towing and thermal at the RC Club with 1 Thermic and 2x Odyssey.
Best thermal flight was 42 min 58 sec. (Odyssey)

At the pier today:

Pier sloping (1 min 19 sec)

Regards
S
Oct 19, 2013, 02:14 AM
Yorgos Stratakis
Quote:
Originally Posted by vigli
Dave
thanks a lot for comparation.
My Hyper has HN1033 and it is floaty.

But I found this numbers:
HN1033 has a 7.85 % thickness
SD7080 has a 9.2 % thickness.
Based just on that, HD1033 should be faster. Hmmmmmm

But airfoil on Arthobby are modif. (it is wrote on there web site) so maybe those numbers are not on AH sailplanes...
There's a discussion on the subject here, on my build-thread (post#103 and on). The discussion extends to the use of turbulators on HN1033, on which Batmanwpg (the man seems to know what he's talking about) and I run some tests (on profili first and later on XFLR5 ) and the conclusions we came up with, were very interesting.

Oct 22, 2013, 04:01 PM
High Lift Coefficient

ArtHobby Timon

I fly primarily from an inland slope with little wind most of the time, but plenty of thermal lift. The issue is the thermals are not always close to the slope and you have to go out and get them. I looked around for a long time for a light 2 meter or so airplane capable of light lift sloping, yet maneuverable enough for aerobatics. After a lot of searching, I thought that the Timon would fit the bill. After flying it hard for 3 seasons now, I can honestly say it's one of the best light slope planes I've ever flown. Good L/D, light and strong, yet capable of handling those higher wind days. I will buy another if I sell or damage this one.

Quick Reply