Mar 18, 2019, 05:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Doggs
Great to hear! You are an example of how it is possible to go straight to a large heli, having had a relatively small amount of experience with 450's, if memory serves.
If you can fly a 450 competently then a 700 will actually be easier. Fear is the biggest problem to overcome.
to remove ads between posts
Mar 22, 2019, 06:00 AM
I didn’t have any experience with CP helis whatsoever when I purchased the 700. I got a lot of crap from peeps over on helifreak for my decision but I will say this if I would have started with a 450 or smaller I probably wouldn’t have continued in the heli hobby. They are too twitchy for me
Mar 22, 2019, 04:11 PM
Agile A-7 is supposed to be priced at $399, that's only $160 more than an Assault 700.

Mar 22, 2019, 05:03 PM
What?! I may be owning another heli here soon then
Mar 22, 2019, 06:44 PM
Kind of dislike that they switched to stick packs but it looks like you might be able to change the upper drive block with the new one on the Agole 7.2 and get the new servo layout and lower profile while keeping the original frame sides. Good way to keep both camps happy if this is true. Plus if you put it in and they have discontinued the 7.2 you could use A-7 parts to rebuild. It really looks like the only difference is the frame and battery system and the upper frame block.

EDIT: and the swash driver arms which have cutouts in the middle now but appear functionally identical otherwise.
Last edited by Atomic Skull; Mar 22, 2019 at 06:51 PM.
Mar 25, 2019, 10:49 PM
rc user
550/700 pilots- HK has the 6S 5000 40C's on sale:
https://hobbyking.com/en_us/turnigy-...pack-xt90.html
not a bad deal with free ship over 50 and 10% off code.

hopefully our international friends have similar deals in their local warehouses.
Mar 26, 2019, 12:04 AM
Ordered two, I already have like 8 batteries or I'd order more.
Mar 26, 2019, 12:13 AM
rc user
less than $38 each shipped, won't find that deal anywhere else for something comparable.
Mar 26, 2019, 07:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdooley
550/700 pilots- HK has the 6S 5000 40C's on sale:
https://hobbyking.com/en_us/turnigy-...pack-xt90.html
not a bad deal with free ship over 50 and 10% off code.

hopefully our international friends have similar deals in their local warehouses.
Thanks Pat. Missed the 10% code but still got 2
May 10, 2019, 07:28 AM
For those who said RC helis have to be heavy...

BRANDNEW SUPER LIGHT WEIGHT HENSELEIT TDSF PROTOTYPE FLOWN BY JAN HENSELEIT - ROTOR LIVE 2019 (3 min 39 sec)

This one is 2400g 700 class heli.

"Weight of kit 1100 g (mechanics + canopy)"

https://www.helifreak.com/7728483-post408.html
Jun 06, 2019, 06:24 PM
Original taste! Mountain dew!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atomic Skull
Agile A-7 is supposed to be priced at $399, that's only $160 more than an Assault 700.

This is the price 700s should cost thank you. When those 500s come out costing more than this, like oxy5 for example that come out to $555 and doesn't even have blades included, I shake my head.

Btw, I also remember soxos was coming out with an attractive price.
Jun 08, 2019, 12:43 PM

Hobbywing Flyfun 160 HV from ebay

It's about Flyfun 160 HV OPTO

If some one like me ever buy it from ebay , will receive a ESC only with 2 connectors.
In picture from ebay you'll see the right one.

One with black and withe (this is throttle channel).
Another one with black ,red (you have 5V for fan), and white ( i dont know what it is).

So , no RPM wire.

For that , remove 4 screws.
If look in light along radiator on edges with plastic case .
You need a small flat screws driver to make leverage with plastic case.
A bit from all 4 corners.
Mainboard will be raised finally from motor wires.
On the back where wires is soldered you see in left 2 point marked F and R.
R is RPM.
Solder 1 wire (yellow ) and leave it along main wires.
Verify with multimeter to dont have a short circuit between F and R.
Close the case .

Now you'll be happy like me.

Rivelino
Last edited by Rivelino; Jun 09, 2019 at 02:43 AM.
Jun 08, 2019, 09:35 PM
Yeah Hobbywing stopped connecting the RPM wire on the Flyfun HV ESCs I guess they got mad that people were buying a $160 Flyfun 160a HV instead of a $400 Platinum V4 for helicopters.

I hope to have a simpler option than soldering, see this thread.

https://www.helifreak.com/showthread.php?t=821561

The idea is that you use an Arduino mini to output a PWM RPM signal using the telemetry from the ESC. Still have some bugs to work out I need to do a debug dump and send it to the author of the software because the FBL sees that there is some sort of signal but can't read the RPM from it. Maybe there are some differences between the Flyfun V5 and Platinum V4 telemetry (though Hobbywing claims they are identical). I will eventually figure it out.

The second short white/red/black wire is the programming/telemetry lead btw.

EDIT: You are talking about the Flyfun V5 160A HV Opto correct? My understanding is that the telemetry lead has no power output only a 3.3v signal and ground.
Jun 09, 2019, 02:42 AM
Yes , its about OPTO.
ESC has 2 conectors . 1st - black,red,white - red has 5V . 2nd - black,white (this signal for throttle)
On first connector white lead i don't know what it is.
All leads is about 20 cm long.

I'll test your link . I have Frsky X8R and Ardu
Jun 14, 2019, 07:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rivelino
Yes , its about OPTO.
ESC has 2 conectors . 1st - black,red,white - red has 5V . 2nd - black,white (this signal for throttle)
On first connector white lead i don't know what it is.
All leads is about 20 cm long.

I'll test your link . I have Frsky X8R and Ardu
The second lead (white/red/black) is the telemetry/programming lead. It's used to connect the programming box to the ESC and also to output the telemetry signal during normal operation of the ESC. The telemetry signal format is the same as the Platinum V4 and contains RPM current and temperature information about the ESC updated at 60hz.

The idea is to use the RPM reading from the telemetry signal to generate an RPM signal usable by an external governor.

I got the PWM signal output working with an FBL, apparently the first Arduino mini I was experimenting with was defective. In any case it works but the RPM is about 100 RPM off from the RPM the FBL reads from the PWM signal output from the ESC itself. This may be a problem with the software (which is still a beta). I posted my results to the thread and I'm confident we'll eventually get this working which should provide a simple solution for using an external governor with Flyfun ESCs (as well it can be used for ESC telemetry as well with s.port)
Last edited by Atomic Skull; Jun 14, 2019 at 07:48 PM.

Quick Reply