This thread is privately moderated by Jack Crossfire, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Oct 09, 2013, 04:00 AM
Thread OP
Discussion

gravity

Caved in & ran the 14.8 miles to watch Gravity in IMAX 3D. It wasn't very realistic, the characters had a hard time staying focused, but it kept moving. There's a definite trend of this generation losing focus in their writing & movies.

It was almost entirely computer animated.

The computer animation was a lot better than a few years ago. The leap in triangle count & resolution of motion capture is definitely showing. Didn't notice the 3D after a while. It probably did contribute to the immersion, because after the movie, running home looked fake.

Obviously, the ISS, hubble, & chinese space station can't be traversed in a space suit or a Soyuz capsule. The internet squeemed over that one.
to remove ads between posts
Oct 09, 2013, 07:24 PM
You ran 14.8 miles? Did you run back after the movie? I ran 5 miles yesterday which is the longest I have run in a year and afterward felt like laying down and dying - I am old.

Quick Reply