Douglas county aeromodelers (Atlanta, Georgia, United States)

Oct 08, 2013, 12:15 AM
This is NOT a TOY?
Thread OP
Discussion

Douglas County AeroModeler RC Club Questions...

Hello!

(Hey, somebody had to make the first post )
to remove ads between posts
Oct 14, 2013, 11:52 AM
KG4WXI
Ill be second wow now you see me later you wont
Nov 13, 2013, 02:04 PM
is anyone in d'ville flying in this cold weather?
Dec 30, 2013, 04:58 PM
Does anybody know of a good way to retrieve a plane from the top of a very tall hardwood? I'm looking to see if anybody knows of a good way to do this. If there's a brave helo pilot on here that wants to try, there's a reward in it for you.

Jan 05, 2014, 03:48 PM
I have an update that the plane successfully came down after a very violent winds last week. Said a prayer that something would happen and looks like those prayers were answered.
Jan 05, 2014, 05:45 PM
Where was this? What type of plane (electric, nitro)? Area looks familiar though its hard to tell.
Jan 13, 2014, 08:37 PM
wps
wps

New To RC

Hello, I live in Douglasville and I'm a newbie to all forms of RC flying. I recently purchased a Blade 350 QX quad. Looking for a place to fly and understand the club has a field. How does one go about applying for membership to use the field and is there anyone who could assist me with training on this quad?

Best,
Pat
Apr 29, 2014, 09:20 PM
33 yrs of aircraft flying!
Quote:
Originally Posted by wps
Hello, I live in Douglasville and I'm a newbie to all forms of RC flying. I recently purchased a Blade 350 QX quad. Looking for a place to fly and understand the club has a field. How does one go about applying for membership to use the field and is there anyone who could assist me with training on this quad?

Best,
Pat
Hope you got some help by now but if not there website is here http://dcamrc.com/
should have info on contacting someone.
I had no clue this was here but i see not much going on
May 02, 2014, 01:19 PM
Hi ,
I'm looking for a place closer to home to fly. I fly giant scale IMAC and currently am a GMA menber. I would like to come out and visit this evening to scope out the airspace and field. Would like to get confirmation that soneone will be there, probably after 6.

Thanks
May 03, 2014, 12:49 PM
This is NOT a TOY?
Thread OP
Sorry, it seems that there's only a handful of us that actively get on the forums... and probably only two or three that ever actually make posts here on RCG.

I had an error in a mail filter for reply notifications to this forum, and just now happened to stumble across the recent posts here. Oops!

This would not generally be the best place to ask anything you might want a same-day/week/month reply for, I guess is what I'm saying.
An email to [email protected] (or a PM to me) would be much better.

Pat,
We don't have any regulars 'that I know of' that are instructing on multi-rotor, unfortunately.
PM me your info though, or email it to [email protected] and I'll email the two or three I can think of who might be willing and let you know.

Alan, activity is hit-or-miss at the field. Not sure if you made it by yesterday and found anyone out there, or not.
I'm also a member at GMA, but I've only made it up there for my orientation flight and one other outing. I'm much closer to DCAMRC.

There 'may' be folks out there today, but I know some were talking about heading to Hodge's for the fly-in down there. Hard to say.
Pretty positive that tomorrow will be more active. The gate is usually open by around noon, but it's hard to say.
Depends on how windy it is, and when some of us that don't care as much about how windy it is decide to roll out there

If you'll PM or email me your contact info, we can talk about it and make sure someone's out there before you roll out some day of course.
May 04, 2014, 08:40 PM
This is NOT a TOY?
Thread OP
To Pat, Alan, or others interested in joining:
The DCAM RC flying club meeting for May is this Tuesday night, May 6th, at the club flying field at 7PM.
It's a perfect time to come meet and talk with some of the club members, and of course join up. Here's a link to an application
You'll need this filled out, current AMA, and $70. (+$10 key deposit if you will be picking up a key that night.)
We'll also have applications at the meeting.

If you have a current AMA membership, feel free to bring something to fly before the meeting, if you want.
Gate should be open by 4pm, if not earlier... but by 5pm at the latest.

Current annual club dues, including 1-time 'new member' fee, are $70, renewing at $50 annually if paid by February 1st... or $70 annually if paying after 2./1.
The $10 key deposit is refundable upon return of the key.
Keys are issued to new club members upon completion of a successful check flight.
Nothing fancy. You basically need to be able to demonstrate that you can safely prepare your plane, take off, fly it around under control, and land safely.

If you know you'll be coming out, feel free to PM or email [email protected] ahead of time with any questions.
Last edited by C_Watkins; May 04, 2014 at 08:45 PM.
May 10, 2014, 01:10 AM
33 yrs of aircraft flying!
I went out and flew with these guys on the 4th, it was nice, had been about 8 yrs since I had flown there, got to hang out with some guys had not seen in years.
Oct 25, 2014, 04:55 AM
Anyone have a 18x6 or 18x8 prop I can buy?
Nov 03, 2014, 04:29 PM

R/C In Area

I'm may be moving to Lake Oconee Georgia. Can anybody tell me if there is a flying club near there?
Mar 23, 2015, 09:25 AM
Your user title is suggestive,
DCAMRC Members,

Been kicking around with getting out of the hobby. I live in Carrollton and have a few things to part with. A JR 11x, Hyperion Sniper 3D EPP, Passer-X, and a night-flying Radian Pro are probably the best of the lot.

If you guys are interested, shoot me a PM.

Quick Reply