This thread is privately moderated by DismayingObservation, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Oct 07, 2013, 04:02 PM
Pronoun trouble...
Thread OP
Discussion

OK, just ONE little fix...

An ancient injury to one of the radials on the reborn HPQ1/T380 quadcopter was a lot worse than I thought it was.

The number two radial was loose and clearly somewhat fractured at the chassis plate; it's little more than a couple of CF tubes covered with unshrunken shrink wrap tubing.

And to think Rotor Concept wants nine hundred simoleons for the thing.

But I digress.

Thanks to a small eBay purchase from a US-based distributor, that radial is as good as new, frankly because it is new.

Genuine factory parts, low price.

When I took the old one off the model, I was amazed as to just how lunched those tubes were once I slid off the shrink wrap. I don't remember when it happened; I'm sure it was probably about the time the original ESC started spitting out IC chips like rotten teeth, causing a rather unexpected situation culminating in a sudden smack into an unyielding garage floor.

It was far, far worse than I had imagined. Not anymore, thank goodness.

I can only imagine what might have happened had the thing decided to turn itself into a tricopter during a flight!

Lesson learned!
Last edited by DismayingObservation; Oct 07, 2013 at 04:16 PM.
to remove ads between posts

Quick Reply