This thread is privately moderated by davidterrell80, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Sep 28, 2019, 10:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidterrell80
I have nothing in my personal files.
https://www.the-blueprints.com/vecto..._model_17-30a/ has vector drawings for 15 Euro.

Can you present what you found? Or describe where you looked? The information can prevent duplication of effort.
David
I don't have them on this computer. I'll try to post in a couple of weeks. But the link you provided looks better than anything I've found to date. Thank You!

RStrowe
to remove ads between posts
Nov 05, 2019, 08:28 PM

Dauntless SBD Scout Bomber

You offer to provide plan copiess. Can I pay for a copy of the Douglas Dauntless SBD Scout Bomber ? My address is:

Henry Gullett
1119 Blackberry Drive
Lawrenceburg, KY 40342
USA

How much money and where do I need to send it?

Thanks
Nov 06, 2019, 01:04 AM
N = R* × fp × ne × fl × fi × f
How big do you want ?
There's a FREE 32" span here : https://aerofred.com/search.php?sear...fa1ii00p5ejif0
And Nick Ziroli has his 100" span here for $65USD : https://ziroligiantscaleplans.com/pl...less-plan.html
Nov 06, 2019, 04:15 AM
WMD
WMD
Womble of Model Depiction
Surely this thread is about scale drawings, not model plans? If we are discussing actual plans for models, maybe these would be useful? https://outerzone.co.uk/search/resul...word=dauntless ...there's a 69 inch plan from Complete-a-pac, and also an 88 inch plan from HA Hall - both kindly scanned and submitted to us by JJ. Both are free to download.
Last edited by WMD; Nov 06, 2019 at 04:20 AM.
Nov 26, 2019, 01:12 PM
EAA# 1366802

Looking for 3-views / plans

Does anyone have any info on this plane?
Nov 26, 2019, 03:24 PM
I will NEVER understand the "WHY" behind some people wanting information on the most obscure of designs. Human's really can surprise I guess......
Not a lot on this bird to be found, I guess a lot of that is due to some rather limiting factors, a couple of which were :
1. It was a type specific prototype design, built for a purpose
2. A total FAILURE in it's goals
3. Abandoned as a project after one prototype was built and failed

Some pictures, some pages cut from magazine articles with snippets of information in them, and the Patent Application for the Wilbur C Methvin wing slot. I have NO IDEA why this wing idea failed, apart from it's COMPLETE lack of ability to work as advertised..........
Nov 26, 2019, 03:33 PM
EAA# 1366802
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azoic
I will NEVER understand the "WHY" behind some people wanting information on the most obscure of designs. Human's really can surprise I guess......
Not a lot on this bird to be found, I guess a lot of that is due to some rather limiting factors, a couple of which were :
1. It was a type specific prototype design, built for a purpose
2. A total FAILURE in it's goals
3. Abandoned as a project after one prototype was built and failed

Some pictures, some pages cut from magazine articles with snippets of information in them, and the Patent Application for the Wilbur C Methvin wing slot. I have NO IDEA why this wing idea failed, apart from it's COMPLETE lack of ability to work as advertised..........
To clarify for you so you can understand "WHY" some people are wanting information on the most obscure of designs. Wilbur Methvin is my relative and based on that, I would like to learn more about the plane, it's design and so on. I am NOT looking for info to start producing the aircraft, promote it or build a replica. Regardless of whether it is a lost cause, poor design or whatever, I came on here asking for info, not opinions or snarky remarks!

Thank you for the data that you did provide although the degrading commentary was not necessary.
Nov 26, 2019, 08:32 PM
Sorry , I meant no offence in any way. I apologise if any has been caused. The "WHY" I meant was, I keep bumping into people online who are chasing information on types that are so obscure, even the Smithsonian hasn't heard of them.....IT WAS NOT meant to offend. If anything, your's is a bloody good WHY, and probably the best I have heard yet, I'm just sorry there is SO LITTLE to find about either the machine or the man. I found NOTHING at all about Mr. Methvin the man, and scant on his aircraft. I hope you find what your after.
The information I posted is from reading what little information there is about this type online. The MOST informative information in the "entire" small amount I found was the application for the wing slot design patent. It at least identifies the designer, and give his design reason and ideas aswell. The fact the idea failed wasn't due to the design or idea apparently, it was a failure in the actual flight tests it was designed for, the type of test oddly, wasn't mentioned, so I have NO CLUE what they failed it on, however, I assume from this failure, further development funding was not there, so the idea was abandoned. There must be hundred's of designs and designer's that had to abandon due to lack of funds.....or pressure from outside area's.
Who is to say your relative wasn't in a similar boat to Preston Tucker and his Torpedo.
Again, Sorry for any offence caused. MOST of the information I can find on the Aircraft is under the picture you posted, that seems almost all the information about it there is. It was a prototype, but you might find some information by looking at the donor aircraft and how they came to obtain this. That would have to have some leads on the man himself, if they are to be found anywhere. I'm aware your not looking for the machine as much as the man, but other than family history, which only you can obtain, there is little other way to track information down on him. The Wiki page is somewhat lacking.......
There is a Wilbur Elam Methvin, son of Richard R, from Lawrenceburg TN listed here : http://www.scottsboro.org/~piercedc/links.html
however it returns a dormant page. Richard R, the father is here : http://www.scottsboro.org/~piercedc/newpage4.html
Seems to be a rather SIZEABLE clan your a part of......: http://www.scottsboro.org/~piercedc/default.html
Is the middle initial correct? or was there perhap's two relative's named Wilbur both from Lawrenceburg?
All I can find under Wilbur C Methvin is this link : http://www.tmethvin.com/methvin/index.html
I hope some of this can be of help.
Last edited by Azoic; Nov 27, 2019 at 02:54 PM.
Nov 27, 2019, 09:05 AM
EAA# 1366802
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azoic
Sorry , I meant no offence in any way. I apologize if any has been caused.
No worries. It's all good. I appreciate the info you have provided. I'm just researching trying to find out more info on Wilbur's plane, drawings (which are probably long gone) and what all happened with it.

Yes, There is a town in Scotland named Methven and that is where my ancestry goes back to. When the small group of Methven settlers landed in America, for some unknown reason they changed the spelling to Methvin. Otherwise, there is lots of history on my ancestry except Wilbur or at least what I can find out.

Thanks
Zack Methvin
Last edited by Snoopy47; Nov 27, 2019 at 09:12 AM.
Jan 01, 2020, 11:20 PM
I am looking for an Embraer ERJ 175 jet in 1/20 Scale , ….Thanks …..
Jan 22, 2020, 04:02 PM
Power Upward

G.A.C. 102 Aristocraft

Okay ya'll…

I've found good pictures, Wikipedia, etc. but no 3-views. Anyone have or know about 3-views for the Aristocrat

Thanks,

George
Jan 24, 2020, 07:45 PM
Power Upward

G.A.C. 102 Aristocraft

I have the Flyline Aristocrat plans by Hurst Bowers (& Herb Clukey) which has a small and not detailed 3-view. I have come into possession of "Aristocrat" plans by Dave Rees as well.

George
Feb 08, 2020, 01:24 AM
Bill Hannan's GBs & Gee Bees has a small three view for the Aristocrat on page 24. It originated in Aircraft Yearbook, 1929
The "inboard profile" is from Aero Digest, July, 1929
Feb 08, 2020, 10:20 AM
Power Upward
Lincoln, you wouldn’t happen to have copies of them would you?

George

Quick Reply