Make requests for scale drawings here and not below - RC Groups
Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
This thread is privately moderated by davidterrell80, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Oct 07, 2013, 09:50 AM
AMA 986339 FCC KB5LAM/4
Alert

Make requests for scale drawings here and not below

Here is the thread in which you may request help finding that special Scale Drawing that will make you happy.

Helpers: when you provide help to another, please do not place the drawing in this thread, but, in accordance with the guidelines, build a new thread for that aircraft (if needed) and answer the request by placing a link to that thread in this one.

Contributors: This thread is also a place in which those contributing to the Forum can coordinate their efforts.

David Terrell.
Last edited by davidterrell80; Apr 14, 2014 at 03:35 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Oct 08, 2013, 11:30 AM
I've been collecting aircraft three-views since I was a teenager (I'll be 60 in two months). A few years ago, I scanned in all the paper multi-views and made up an electronic library of them (plus ones I've downloaded from the Internet). I then organized the mess in a simple Access database (before you ask "Why Access?", I used to teach it).

The quality of the three views varies widely. Some including Aircraft In Profile scans, whilst some are pretty simplistic. When possible (as in ones scanned in from Argus collections), I've deleted the photographs to keep the size down.

The categories should be self-explanatory. There are a few non-aircraft drawings in the mix (i.e., Zeppelins) and there are some fictional aircraft (Bill Barnes' designs and "Luft 46"-type "what ifs".

If you want drawings, please tell me and I'll post what I can. I may have to restrict some posts, to avoid copyright infringements (i.e., Wylam drawings sold by Air Age).

CD
Oct 10, 2013, 01:35 PM
I am always looking for detailed Scale Drawings of Burnelli aircraft. I can find 3 views ... but they really don't give very much.

RB-1
UB-14 or UB-14 B (Cunliff-Owen OA-1)
CB-16
CBY-3 Loadmaster

I don't know if they were ever done in detail for the model a/c magazines.

Thanks.
Oct 10, 2013, 01:38 PM
I am looking for detailed drawings with measurments of the P&W Wasp radial engine.

Thanks

EDIT: I have gotton a bunch of stuff on this engine and have started a thread on it. If you have more to add ... please do a search for Pratt & Whitney R 1340 Wasp and add what you might have to that thread.

Thanks Mook!!!

Ted
Last edited by TedD60; Oct 24, 2013 at 11:53 AM.
Oct 20, 2013, 09:34 AM
Good to be flying again!
Looking for any scale drawings of a Standard J1. I will alaso post a link to a wasp mechanical drawings in another thread. Hey ODDSHOT if youll msg me I will send the link or images directly to you. P&W runs in the family as we had a senior technical rep in the family for a long time.
Glad I could help Also thanks for the J1 drawings!My great grandfather built one by hand and flew it for money and lessons. We still have two of the tickets he would sell for rides in the plane.Thank you so much for the help!
Gordon
Last edited by MookieStick; Nov 11, 2013 at 06:03 AM. Reason: Wanted to say thanks
Oct 23, 2013, 01:31 PM
Closed Account
Looking for a detailed and scale 3-view of the original (not any of the replica planes, please) Ryan Spirit of St. Louis. If you can put it in PDF form that would be greatly appreciated. Thanks for looking and for your help.

Soft landings,

Joe
Oct 23, 2013, 02:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MookieStick
Hey ODDSHOT if youll msg me I will send the link or images directly to you. P&W runs in the family as we had a senior technical rep in the family for a long time.
PM sent.

Thanks.
Ted
Oct 23, 2013, 02:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by piperjoe
Looking for a detailed and scale 3-view of the original (not any of the replica planes, please) Ryan Spirit of St. Louis. ...
I have 3 or 4 drawing of that one.

Check your pm's.

Ted
Last edited by TedD60; Oct 23, 2013 at 09:33 PM.
Oct 23, 2013, 04:07 PM
Closed Account
Thank you, Ted, PM sent.

Soft landings,

Joe
Oct 26, 2013, 03:42 PM
I am off the opinion that the best (most accurate) currently avilable Spirit of St Louise scale drawing weres done by R. Robinson and appeared in Model Aviation, some years back. I sent a copy to a fellow over on Giant scale models threads, about a year or so back. IIRC, he posted them there too.
Oct 26, 2013, 07:54 PM
Closed Account
Thank you, packardpursuit, I'll check out those drawings. I certainly appreciate the lead and you posting here.

Soft landings,

Joe
Oct 26, 2013, 08:05 PM
AMA 986339 FCC KB5LAM/4
Here's the folks building a replica... 13 of 52 drawings are posted... http://desertseadesign.com/spirit2/blueprints/

They might release more, for a request.
Latest blog entry: Remembering Bob Hoover
Oct 26, 2013, 10:53 PM
The Ryan Aeronautical Libray drawings were rendered by Ed Morrow and cover a number of early Ryan Airlines aircraft, M-1 thru Broagham, including Spirit. Mr. Morrow was indeed a period employee of Ryan Airlines and later iterations of the company. He is chiefly remembered as the Spirit's talented welder. However, as can be seen from his posted works , he was also a talented drasftsman. What is not often appreciated is that he also served as the resident Ryan draftsman until replaced by Donald Hall., in 1927.

Unfortunately, Morrow's considerable effort towart the Spirit are not historically accurate, nor were they ever intended to be. IIRC, Ed drew them from memory in the late 1960's and early '70's. Anyone, modeler of full scale builder will find that his drawings will not compare favorably with the real article and or with the COPIOUS period photos taken during the building of the original.

Donald Hall did a number of detailed drawings covering the Spirit, but these were made in the weeks and months AFTER the plane and it's pilot became famous. During the building process, Hall rendered a number of informal sketches, which I have copies of. These too, do not exactly match what was built. This probably more to do with the actual construction factors met during fabrication. Several items like how the wing was fit to and streamlined with the fuselage saw a number of false starts, especially in the trailing edge to fuselage configuration. The post flight drawings are also not 100%accurate, however they are considerably closer than Morrow's later works.

Hall did a simple three view, again after the flight, which, has proven VERY accurate. This used to be offered by NASM from Hall's original vellum, into the 1970's but appears to be unavailable, now. Other Hall works floating around are a 1/4 scale nose loft and engine mount detail, again these are very accurate though not 100% accurate to the Spirit.

BTW, all of the Morrow drawings are available from the San Diego Air and Space Museum.
Oct 27, 2013, 12:26 AM
AMA 986339 FCC KB5LAM/4
I have researcher credentials at Udvar-Hazy's library. I've made a note to myself. I'm working in MD right now, 30 miles the other way. Next chance I get to go over on a work day, I'll see what drawings are available.
Latest blog entry: Remembering Bob Hoover
Oct 27, 2013, 10:00 AM
Hello Guys,

I'm desperately looking for Roland DVI plans. I plan to build this one with the original clanker design of teh fuselage and need some quality plans if I really want to do it!
Thank you in advance and best regards,
Sasho