Feb 18, 2004, 10:25 PM
Thread OP

power supply box for 12V Charger

I thought I would share my design for a box I made for my K150 Cosel power supply that I use to run my Orbit charger. If anyone is interested I will send drawings so you can build your own.

I used 2 80mm PC fans for cooling. I have never needed to cool the power supply but some discharge tests got the charger pretty hot. So I made the air outlet for the box so it would blow over the charger and doing it's maximum 25W discharge the heat sink barely gets warm now.

Chris W

http://www.thewishzone.com:8087/PowerSupplyAndBox.gif
Last edited by cdw3423; Feb 18, 2004 at 10:27 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Feb 19, 2004, 12:32 PM
Dismembered Member...
Good idea! I'm just thinking here, though. You can move more air through the box by having the fans evacuate the air (blowing out) than by trying to push air into the box. However, having air blowing directly onto the heat sink might be better for "pin point" cooling.

Maybe if you had one fan blowing in directly onto the heat sink, and one blowing out?

Just a thought.

Brad
Feb 19, 2004, 05:38 PM
Thread OP
Since I already built it, it is a little to late to make those changes, but I can tell you that it has PLENTY of cooling power. I am using the quiet and slow fans from pcpowerandcooling.com, so a faster fan could be used but there is no need.

Chris W
Feb 19, 2004, 11:43 PM
Dismembered Member...
Just spin one fan around........

Quick Reply