Nov 17, 2013, 05:05 AM
Were you aware of this?

http://www.motionrc.com/ready2fly-ya...scale-jet-kit/

It's based on the RusJet model which won the last 2 Jet World Masters competitions. Could be an interesting thing to look over, if anyone near you gets one.
Latest blog entry: Digital LED Voltmeter
to remove ads between posts
Nov 17, 2013, 09:05 AM
Another one on the way...
Thread OP
Nope. I was not aware of it. Looks pretty cool, though. Thanks for sending! It's a good size plane (60" long, 47" wingspan). I'm guessing its foam... Will run on a single 6S 5000 batt and single 90mm fan. Not sure about the availability. Strange note about the availability of the PNP model. The kit is not available. Yet.

We are continuing very slowly on building ours. Still working on the Sniper unit, and modifying the model for the 80mm thrust exit diameter
Nov 17, 2013, 10:00 AM
Yes, it is a foamie. It was originally announced as an exclusive by ready2fly.ch, a Swiss company, which consulted RusJet in making this plane happen. The manufacturer is Freewing.

ready2fly started taking pre-orders months ago, and people not in Europe balked at the price (which included value-added tax) and shipping. Not long ago they announced they could take orders that would be drop-shipped from the factory in China - again, not inexpensive.

MotionRC is a Freewing distributor, so I think they signed on to be the North American distributor, seeing that no other outfit is yet to offer this plane. ready2fly offers a kit-only, maybe MotionRC will follow suit eventually - the newest Freewing planes they started to carry are currently PNP-only.
Latest blog entry: Digital LED Voltmeter
Nov 20, 2013, 08:00 AM
Carboweave, Ask For It By Name
Quote:
Originally Posted by ysolomon
OK, the 3M 77 spray glue "ate" through the blue foam. What glue do others use for blue foam?
You can get 3M77 "Classic" and it doesn't eat foam like the new formula that has Acetone in it. ULine sells it http://www.uline.com/Product/Detail/...Spray-Adhesive

I use it all the time on all types of foam.

Terry
Nov 20, 2013, 10:30 AM
YS, great project and I will be following you all along. Are there any other vendors out there that offer this model besides the foam option? I searching but all I could find was a turbine version.
Nov 20, 2013, 11:36 AM
Carboweave, Ask For It By Name
http://www.globaljetclub.com/index.p...roduct_id=2112

JetLegends has one coming as well as Fly Eagle Jets

Terry
Nov 20, 2013, 12:41 PM
Thanks, quite a price
Nov 20, 2013, 12:52 PM
Lithium Member
That is the C&C one, see post 59 ...
Nov 20, 2013, 04:04 PM
IALEU
Quote:
Originally Posted by Highfly!
YS, great project and I will be following you all along. Are there any other vendors out there that offer this model besides the foam option? I searching but all I could find was a turbine version.
C&C takes riservation from the little version :

http://www.cmodels.it/modelli_jet/m346%20EDF.htm
Nov 20, 2013, 07:28 PM
Thread OP
I'm guessing that more will come out. I'm doing this to learn how to build molds and a plane out of them. If it looks good afterwards--I will make them available...
Nov 21, 2013, 10:39 AM
Thanks for the information. There appears to be a waiting list of almost 6 months.

Will be monitoring this build. Interesting subject.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IALEU
C&C takes riservation from the little version :

http://www.cmodels.it/modelli_jet/m346%20EDF.htm
Nov 21, 2013, 11:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Highfly!
Thanks for the information. There appears to be a waiting list of almost 6 months.

Will be monitoring this build. Interesting subject.
Hope it's better built than their 1:5 one. That version has had a couple of in flight structural failures already. ( there's video of one going in on you tube)

Ps I believe the owner was not happy with c&c treatment of the issue the second time.

Thanks

Dave
Nov 22, 2013, 03:18 AM
We shall see. I usually can find the weak spots during builds but you never know. I followed the conversation on the German forum. Painful situation when you have that much $$ sitting in your model.
Nov 25, 2013, 08:55 PM
Thread OP

Need the CAD experts' help!

For the life of me, and no matter how much I tried (using nanoCAD 5.0) I couldn't do the following, so I attached the files (both DWG and DXF) here, and I'm asking for the help of you CAD experts.

The file has the fuselage. The drawing is what I'm trying to do. I need to increase the thrust tube nozzles by 58%. In the 1:7 scale I'm using, they will come out to be ~50mm (what I marked as the red circle). I need them to be 80mm (what I marked as the green circle) so I can put two JF90 there. I want to increase them such that they will "grow" diagonally towards the outer bottom diagonal, as in the image that I added. This will require some adjustments to the area in front of it, such that it will continue to look smooth, although not exactly scale...

The second thing I need to do is to "slice" the fuselage from nose to tail into 3/4" cross sections, which will be in this file 4.38 units thick. The length of the fuselage is 375 units, which will mean that there will be ~85 "slices" or cross sections. I will need to have a way to "correlate" the slices to one another, some kind of a marker that will either show me how to attach one slice to the next (e.g., four points that are in the same place in all of the slices, or an indication of where the center is. Something...

I know I'm asking a lot, but I would greatly appreciate it if anyone can help us in that.

Best,

Yoram.
Nov 25, 2013, 10:50 PM
EDF Jet Jam 2019, June 13-16
Hi Yoram,
something like this quick and dirty for your exhaust nozzles?

Dan Eaton

Quick Reply