Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
Oct 04, 2013, 02:19 PM
Help!

Blue Caudron/Renault info

I am looking for more info on the blue Caudron Renault.Thanks jo
to remove ads between posts
Oct 04, 2013, 03:59 PM
The Caudron was built by Thayer Syme here on RCG. You likely can send him a PM if you want more info (Thayer's name is his handle too).

Rob
Oct 04, 2013, 04:03 PM
Thanks,Joe
Oct 04, 2013, 09:48 PM
Owner - Flying Models
What do you want to know about the Caudron? I should have a few useful answers.
Oct 05, 2013, 07:21 AM

Caudron c561

Thanks Thayer
I am building/designing a C561 1/4 scale version and was concerned about the tail group and the wing tip stalling.
Oct 05, 2013, 07:58 AM
Owner - Flying Models
I was similarly concerned about horizontal tail volume until i did the math. There is plenty on the 450 and the 561 looks about the same at first glance. Given that you have it well drawn, I would give it a quick check to ease your mind.

As for the vertical area, my model feels a little unstable in yaw, but nothing that can't be controlled with the left hand. Again, I would compare moments with some other models that work well for you and see where it falls. My eyeball engineering says it should be okay and I wouldn't hesitate to build a smaller model without doing the math first. Quarter scale is getting to be a good commitment though, and at that point I would juggle a few numbers first.

The 561 is definitely a cool project as well. What are you planning for power?

Thayer
Oct 05, 2013, 10:48 AM
I am partial to Hyperion motors so it will be something in the 6-8S pack range.I don't think there is much difference as far as wing/tail surface between the 450 and 561.The ruder on the 561 is huge.Wing span is 65 inches at this scale.I do have a French plan of the C450 but I prefer to draw my own because that one is full of butt joints being old school.What size is your model?
Joe
Oct 05, 2013, 11:26 AM
Owner - Flying Models
1:5, so a 53-inch span, and 57 LAO. It flies very light at 66 oz.
Oct 05, 2013, 03:10 PM
Hi Thayer,
What do you want to know about the Caudron? When can you kit one for me How about a photo
of yours, send it here to doublejj@kermantel.net!
Joe
Oct 05, 2013, 05:07 PM
Owner - Flying Models
Hi Joe,

Thanks for your enthusiasm. My Caudron is definitely not ready for prime time yet, but there may come to pass a time when short kits are available. In the meantime, here are a couple shots of the entire NFARS line up as well as a very nice one Miss Micki caught of the Caudron in the air.

Thayer
Oct 05, 2013, 05:34 PM
Hi Thayer
Wow Man that is a Great looking Airplane!!! Great job, and I love the color!! You should make
at least one short kit for me!
Joe
Oct 05, 2013, 09:28 PM
Thayer, I don't remember seeing a build log posted on that nice model of yours.Was there one?
Joe
Oct 05, 2013, 10:32 PM
Owner - Flying Models
No, there is not build log for a couple reasons. Most importantly, I didn't have time to document it all as I was working along and still get it done for the show. There is a lot of 3 am in that airplane. Truth be told, it is still far from done.