What's this guy doing and why? - RC Groups
Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
Thread Tools
Feb 18, 2004, 04:03 AM
Dan Borer
Dan Borer
Guest

[RCSE] What's this guy doing and why?


The paparazzi was in Covina, CA last weekend and snapped
this picture http://swsapopoff.8k.com/Up_A_Pole.htm . Take a
look at it and send a caption to the link on the page. Best
caption will win a digital copy of the February SWSA PopOff
newsletter.

Submissions accepted until 7:00 PM (PST) Wednesday, February
18, 2004.

Good luck!

Dan

"It's hard to be a turkey when you soar with the eagles."

RCSE-List facilities provided by Model Airplane News. Send "subscribe" and "unsubscribe" requests to soaring-request@airage.com. Please note that subscribe and unsubscribe messages must be sent in text only format with MIME turned off.
Feb 18, 2004, 04:03 AM
Jeff Gortatowsky
Jeff Gortatowsky
Guest

Re: [RCSE] What's this guy doing and why?


"..and I am not coming down until AVAs can fly in the Bent Wing Contest..."

--- Dan Borer <dborer@earthlink.net> wrote:
> The paparazzi was in Covina, CA last weekend and snapped
> this picture http://swsapopoff.8k.com/Up_A_Pole.htm . Take a
> look at it and send a caption to the link on the page. Best
> caption will win a digital copy of the February SWSA PopOff
> newsletter.
>
> Submissions accepted until 7:00 PM (PST) Wednesday, February
> 18, 2004.
>
> Good luck!
>
> Dan
>
> "It's hard to be a turkey when you soar with the eagles."
>
> RCSE-List facilities provided by Model Airplane News. Send "subscribe" and
> "unsubscribe" requests to soaring-request@airage.com. Please note that
> subscribe and unsubscribe messages must be sent in text only format with
> MIME turned off.



=====
---------------------------------------
Jeffrey D. Gortatowsky
La Habra Heights, California (Kahleefornya)

"What wretched scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch?" - W.C. Fields

__________________________________
Do you Yahoo!?
Yahoo! Finance: Get your refund fast by filing online.
http://taxes.yahoo.com/filing.html
RCSE-List facilities provided by Model Airplane News. Send "subscribe" and "unsubscribe" requests to soaring-request@airage.com. Please note that subscribe and unsubscribe messages must be sent in text only format with MIME turned off.
Feb 18, 2004, 07:04 PM
Hilaunch@aol.com
Hilaunch@aol.com
Guest

Re: [RCSE] What's this guy doing and why?






"Help me JR, I owe this Karlton guy - big time!"


Don Richmond
San Diego, CA
hilaunch@aol.com
www.hilaunch.com

Feb 19, 2004, 04:01 AM
Mark Johnson
Mark Johnson
Guest

Re: [RCSE] What's this guy doing and why?


You can laugh all you want but a month from now everybody will be doing this.

RCSE-List facilities provided by Model Airplane News. Send "subscribe" and "unsubscribe" requests to soaring-request@airage.com. Please note that subscribe and unsubscribe messages must be sent in text only format with MIME turned off.
Feb 19, 2004, 04:01 AM
Iflyicrash@aol.com
Iflyicrash@aol.com
Guest

Re: [RCSE] What's this guy doing and why?


What guy, where? I'm up here and I still don't see him !


Hawksnest Soaring
Shermans Dale, PA

Feb 19, 2004, 04:01 AM
Mark Miller
Mark Miller
Guest

Re: [RCSE] What's this guy doing and why?


"See, White guys can jump. Now...We need to work on
the timing a bit"


Mark


--- jaffee@earthlink.net wrote:
> "When I get to top, I'm going to DS the backboard."
>
>
>

__________________________________________________ __________________________
> Brett Jaffee: jaffee@earthlink.net
>
> Brett's Slope and Power Home Page:
> http://home.earthlink.net/~jaffee
> OnTheWay Quake 3 server utility:
> http://www.planetquake.com/ontheway
>

__________________________________________________ __________________________
>
> RCSE-List facilities provided by Model Airplane
> News. Send "subscribe" and "unsubscribe" requests
> to soaring-request@airage.com. Please note that
> subscribe and unsubscribe messages must be sent in
> text only format with MIME turned off.


__________________________________
Do you Yahoo!?
Yahoo! Mail SpamGuard - Read only the mail you want.
http://antispam.yahoo.com/tools
RCSE-List facilities provided by Model Airplane News. Send "subscribe" and "unsubscribe" requests to soaring-request@airage.com. Please note that subscribe and unsubscribe messages must be sent in text only format with MIME turned off.
Feb 19, 2004, 04:01 AM
Mark Johnson
Mark Johnson
Guest

Re: [RCSE] What's this guy doing and why?


"Ok which one of you wiseguys put CA on this pole"

RCSE-List facilities provided by Model Airplane News. Send "subscribe" and "unsubscribe" requests to soaring-request@airage.com. Please note that subscribe and unsubscribe messages must be sent in text only format with MIME turned off.
Feb 19, 2004, 04:01 AM
Mark Johnson
Mark Johnson
Guest

Re: [RCSE] What's this guy doing and why?


On day 15 of his attempt to break the world record for pole sitting Joe
thought "why do I always forget the sun screen"


RCSE-List facilities provided by Model Airplane News. Send "subscribe" and "unsubscribe" requests to soaring-request@airage.com. Please note that subscribe and unsubscribe messages must be sent in text only format with MIME turned off.
Feb 19, 2004, 04:01 AM
Ed Jett
Ed Jett
Guest

Re: [RCSE] What's this guy doing and why?


I think you are right on Mark! I know I will be! - Ed Jett
----- Original Message -----
From: "Mark Johnson" <markandkathyjohnson@sbcglobal.net>
To: "[RCSE]" <soaring@airage.com>
Cc: <JoeWurts@csi.com>
Sent: Wednesday, February 18, 2004 8:01 PM
Subject: Re: [RCSE] What's this guy doing and why?


> You can laugh all you want but a month from now everybody will be doing

this.
>
> RCSE-List facilities provided by Model Airplane News. Send "subscribe"

and "unsubscribe" requests to soaring-request@airage.com. Please note that
subscribe and unsubscribe messages must be sent in text only format with
MIME turned off.


RCSE-List facilities provided by Model Airplane News. Send "subscribe" and "unsubscribe" requests to soaring-request@airage.com. Please note that subscribe and unsubscribe messages must be sent in text only format with MIME turned off.
Feb 19, 2004, 07:04 PM
Jack Strother
Jack Strother
Guest

Re: [RCSE] What's this guy doing and why?


ROTFLMAO !!!

At 06:11 PM 2/18/2004, Hilaunch@aol.com wrote:
>
>
>
>
> "Help me JR, I owe this Karlton guy - big time!"
>
>
>Don Richmond
>San Diego, CA
>hilaunch@aol.com
>www.hilaunch.com


Jack Strother
Granger, IN

LSF 2948 LSF IV
LSF Official 1986 - 2004
CSS - Gold

Feb 19, 2004, 07:04 PM
Jim Carlton
Jim Carlton
Guest

Re: [RCSE] What's this guy doing and why?


Here's a caption for you....

"Now here's one LARGE total energy probe for my vario!!"

Yikes!

Jim Carlton


http://swsapopoff.8k.com/Up_A_Pole.htm

RCSE-List facilities provided by Model Airplane News. Send "subscribe" and "unsubscribe" requests to soaring-request@airage.com. Please note that subscribe and unsubscribe messages must be sent in text only format with MIME turned off.
Feb 19, 2004, 07:04 PM
Jim Monaco
Jim Monaco
Guest

Re: [RCSE] What's this guy doing and why?



"At the last contest Joe flew so far away he lost
sight of his plane and quickly found a higher vantage
point to account for the curvature of the earth!"
Jim

>
> http://swsapopoff.8k.com/Up_A_Pole.htm
>
> RCSE-List facilities provided by Model Airplane
> News. Send "subscribe" and "unsubscribe" requests
> to soaring-request@airage.com. Please note that
> subscribe and unsubscribe messages must be sent in
> text only format with MIME turned off.
>
>


RCSE-List facilities provided by Model Airplane News. Send "subscribe" and "unsubscribe" requests to soaring-request@airage.com. Please note that subscribe and unsubscribe messages must be sent in text only format with MIME turned off.
Feb 19, 2004, 07:04 PM
Brian Chan
Brian Chan
Guest

Re: [RCSE] What's this guy doing and why?



Now that just proved Joe can get to the top by himself, not by
stepping on anyone.

or

Yikes, where is all these cockroaches come from?



--
Brian Chan,
An Electric Airplane Junkie @ San Mateo.Ca.USA
RCSE-List facilities provided by Model Airplane News. Send "subscribe" and "unsubscribe" requests to soaring-request@airage.com. Please note that subscribe and unsubscribe messages must be sent in text only format with MIME turned off.
Feb 19, 2004, 07:04 PM
D Hauch/ D Unruh
D Hauch/ D Unruh
Guest

Re: [RCSE] What's this guy doing and why?


''get away from me with that Woody!''
dh

----- Original Message -----
From: "Jim Monaco" <jimsoars@earthlink.net>
To: "soaring" <soaring@airage.com>
Sent: Thursday, February 19, 2004 8:58 AM
Subject: Re: [RCSE] What's this guy doing and why?


>
> "At the last contest Joe flew so far away he lost
> sight of his plane and quickly found a higher vantage
> point to account for the curvature of the earth!"
> Jim
>
> >
> > http://swsapopoff.8k.com/Up_A_Pole.htm
> >
> > RCSE-List facilities provided by Model Airplane
> > News. Send "subscribe" and "unsubscribe" requests
> > to soaring-request@airage.com. Please note that
> > subscribe and unsubscribe messages must be sent in
> > text only format with MIME turned off.
> >
> >

>
> RCSE-List facilities provided by Model Airplane News. Send "subscribe"

and "unsubscribe" requests to soaring-request@airage.com. Please note that
subscribe and unsubscribe messages must be sent in text only format with
MIME turned off.
>
>


RCSE-List facilities provided by Model Airplane News. Send "subscribe" and "unsubscribe" requests to soaring-request@airage.com. Please note that subscribe and unsubscribe messages must be sent in text only format with MIME turned off.
Feb 22, 2004, 07:05 PM
Gary and Tracy
Gary and Tracy
Guest

RE: [RCSE] What's this guy doing and why?


Some glider pilots will try any technique to keep it up

but

one slip and Joe Wurts will know where it Hurts
RCSE-List facilities provided by Model Airplane News. Send "subscribe" and "unsubscribe" requests to soaring-request@airage.com. Please note that subscribe and unsubscribe messages must be sent in text only format with MIME turned off.


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Discussion What do you guys think about the QAV250 kit from BG with the Emax motors/esc's? zanemoseley Scratchbuilt Multirotor Drones 3 Feb 02, 2017 09:12 PM
Discussion What do you guys make of this Hillary arms deal? Dave Campbell Life, The Universe, and Politics 1 Nov 03, 2016 12:19 PM
Discussion What or why is this standard Futaba S148 Servo doing this? G.F. Beurling Beginner Training Area (Fuel) 4 May 22, 2016 05:53 PM
Discussion what do you guys think of this Gifts ? Kevin001 Batteries and Chargers 2 Dec 30, 2015 03:54 AM
Discussion Hey guys over here, this is banggood' s new arrivels, you can get what you want hujuwei Mini Multirotor Drones 1 Oct 02, 2015 09:21 PM