May 08, 2017, 12:11 PM
Once in a lifetime
Is there a video showing a nano being programmed by the xdp program and telemetry station/xdp unit by itself, to set up failsafe?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Daniel
to remove ads between posts
May 09, 2017, 01:48 AM
Thread OP
No, there is no video of setting failsafes.
May 09, 2017, 06:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by danielphantom
Is there a video showing a nano being programmed by the xdp program and telemetry station/xdp unit by itself, to set up failsafe?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Daniel
Once you get it figured out, why not make a video and post it ??
May 09, 2017, 07:18 AM
Once in a lifetime
Good idea Juan, have a windows issue with the installation of the xdp program right now. THe program starts up with all dialog boxes blank, but clickable... working on trying a different computer.
Apr 19, 2020, 05:59 AM
Jim
I wanted to flash my nano so I can use it with x10 and tried to install the xpd program on my new windows 10 computer and I get the following error unable to execute
c:\program files (x86)\xps\usb\os_detect.exe
the program did create desktop icons
when clicked on I get
run time error 53:
file not found FTD2XX.dll
yess all virus software was disabled
don
Last edited by dvk44039; Apr 19, 2020 at 06:35 AM. Reason: add a ling
Apr 19, 2020, 01:10 PM
Thread OP
Run the installer in Administrator mode. When you are done. Plug in the XDP and windows will finish the driver installation.
Apr 19, 2020, 03:37 PM
jim my computer is always in administrator mode
don
Apr 19, 2020, 04:13 PM
Jim
I called my brother inlaw / computer man and he walked me through it and it now works. windows 10 hind it a different place.
that got the program to install but is still get the error when I try to run the program. Even when i tell it to run as administrator.
don
Last edited by dvk44039; Apr 19, 2020 at 04:18 PM. Reason: mistake
Apr 19, 2020, 04:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dvk44039
Jim
I called my brother inlaw / computer man and he walked me through it and it now works. windows 10 hind it a different place.
that got the program to install but is still get the error when I try to run the program. Even when i tell it to run as administrator.
don
Your post is confusing...... so , are things now working or not ??

If yes, what specifically was done to fix the issue ???
Apr 19, 2020, 04:58 PM
Well, Jim said to run the installation program as administrator I couldn't find the run as administration tab and had to call my brother inlaw he walked me through getting the tab in the right-click menu. So then in installed, the program with the (run as administrator) program installed no errors. when I click on xpd icon on the desktop, I get this error
run time error 53:
I hope that is clear now
this whole thing is flustrating not yo mention two not working rfu,s because I tried to run them on 2s lipo,s as the instructions say they will with no problem
Apr 20, 2020, 09:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dvk44039
Well, Jim said to run the installation program as administrator I couldn't find the run as administration tab and had to call my brother inlaw he walked me through getting the tab in the right-click menu. So then in installed, the program with the (run as administrator) program installed no errors. when I click on xpd icon on the desktop, I get this error
run time error 53:
I hope that is clear now
this whole thing is flustrating not yo mention two not working rfu,s because I tried to run them on 2s lipo,s as the instructions say they will with no problem
FWIW......I seriously doubt if 2s LiPo's are the problem....reverse polarity is a different argument......
Apr 20, 2020, 07:20 PM
Thread OP
Did you do BOTH parts of the installer? The first part is the software, and the 2nd part is the driver installation. Once you plug the XDP or SerialLink into your computer, the USB driver installation will finish. That error message says that the driver is not installed. To run the XDP program you must right-click on the XDP icon and select RUN AS ADMINISTRATOR mode.

The RFU's work fine up to 16v, like our other products. However, they are instantly destroyed if the polarity is reversed even for a microsecond.
Apr 21, 2020, 04:01 AM
JIm
ok, I think I did it in reverse order I will uninstall and then reinstall.

BY reverse polarity do you mean just putting the servo connector on flipped over so the positive is hooked to the signal if so I may have done that to one of them but not all. Or actually hooking the positive to the neg that am sure I did not due.
thanks, sorry for all the trouble
dom
Apr 21, 2020, 04:59 AM
Jim
I got it all working now. Another problem presents it's self. The nano i wanted to flash is version 1.7 so it is not flashable correct?
Apr 21, 2020, 12:32 PM
Thread OP
ALL Nano receivers can be flashed.

There is only one connector on the RFU, so flipping the connector over (which swaps the ground and signal wires) will destroy it.

Quick Reply