This thread is privately moderated by JimDrew, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Apr 21, 2020, 05:51 PM
Jim
that must have what I did although you tip on how to always orient the connector with the flat side up stuck in my mind. I have the x10 powered up with fixed wiring and polarized connectors so it shouldn't have happened but the proof is that all three rfu,s I sent in were dead. so I guess I will have to buy new ones.

I hesitate to ask how to flash the nano after how much trouble I had just getting the program loaded.
I downloaded this Updater v5.9 -and tried to open as administrator. I Had the nano talking to the xpd and the updater told me no xpd or telemetry station found. So I am sure I missed a step or procedure.
thanks don
to remove ads between posts
Apr 22, 2020, 02:52 AM
Thread OP
Return the RFU's. They are covered under warranty. See here for return information:

https://www.xtremepowersystems.net/p...prod=XPSREPAIR

If you got a message that the XDP or Telemetry Station is not found, then either you already have the XDP software running (which has acquired the port), or you don't have the XDP plugged into the computer.
Apr 22, 2020, 03:03 PM
Jim
already had i running. Do i need to have nano i computer mode?
thanks don
Apr 22, 2020, 07:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimDrew
Return the RFU's. They are covered under warranty. See here for return information:

https://www.xtremepowersystems.net/p...prod=XPSREPAIR

If you got a message that the XDP or Telemetry Station is not found, then either you already have the XDP software running (which has acquired the port), or you don't have the XDP plugged into the computer.
What other electronics co. will do this??.....amazing!
Apr 22, 2020, 07:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tande
What other electronics co. will do this??.....amazing!
Iím thinking that most electronics companies would have reverse polarity protection on their products !!!!

But yes , KUDOS to Jim for taking care of it .... 😊
Apr 23, 2020, 12:08 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by dvk44039
Jim
already had i running. Do i need to have nano i computer mode?
thanks don

Yes, you need the Nano in computer programming mode if you intend to upgrade it.

When the RFU's were designed/produced they could not have reverse polarity protection AND 1.8 volt operation. The same was true with the Nano I, II, and III receivers. When we go to production we make thousands of an item at one time. When we run out (sometime this year I would guess) the new version of the RFU will be like the Nano IV and will have reverse polarity protection. For the most part, people are pretty good about this. So, I don't mind replacing damaged items.

Quick Reply