Jan 21, 2014, 03:51 AM
VHO
VHO
glider misguider
I'm sure there are watchers.

We have 28 confirmed starters in Open Thermal and possibly another 6.

I don't think people get the advantage of letting the organisers know they are coming. It helps catering, it helps us do the draw beforehand and set up the score cards, it gives us a chance to allocate lone rangers to teams and it helps planning for setting up the lanes on the field...

We live and learn.

See you in Armidale,

Hutton
to remove ads between posts
Jan 22, 2014, 03:32 PM
Hi, I might get up there one year for a look.

To get advance entries just do what we do in sailing regattas, we change a late entry fee after a set date (which we can waive if been notified they are coming).

Arie
Feb 01, 2014, 08:24 PM
VHO
VHO
glider misguider

Results for Armidale Sailplane Expo

Open Thermal
1st Karl Knack
2nd Dave Pratley
3rd Gerry Carter

F5J
1st Dave Pratley
2nd Andrew Simpson
3rd Hutton Oddy

F3K
1st Gerry Carter
2nd Clive Warman
3rd Andrew Simpson

The weather was good to us in the Saturday, being light to moderate Southerly winds. On Sunday they turned to the east and freshened (steady 25km/hr, gusts to 35+) and on Monday they were similar (maybe steady 28km/hr + gusts). On the Monday, half the fliers decided they had enough after 12 rounds.

Would have helped to have had some rain to soften the ground, but alas.

See you in Armidale next year.

Hutton

PS i f you have some photos (of the event, but maybe something else if its interesting)please post them here.
Feb 02, 2014, 05:47 AM
DLG Bug Bit Me
I will be sure to post some pictures from Sunday when I get time to upload them.
Feb 06, 2014, 11:31 PM
Thermal Wrangler
Hi TLHover,
Thanks for sharing. We need more top-quality photos and reports of events to promote this great sport / hobby.

I took the liberty of using your launch photo on the lsfaustralia site with a link back here. Hope that's ok (if it's not, PM me).

Chris.
www.lsfaustralia.org.au
Feb 07, 2014, 03:28 AM
DLG Bug Bit Me
No probs. Glad they can be used.
I can send you a higher resolution ;-) if need be just pm me your email