Oct 21, 2013, 04:57 PM
Comin' in HOT!
I haven't seen any 9g servos that couldn't work at 6v. I would think your safe, but yeah good luck finding any specs on them. I've heard of older servoless retracts that work better at 6v and those plane's servos had no problems.
to remove ads between posts
Nov 06, 2013, 05:56 AM
A man with too many toys
Thread OP
Is anyone getting one of these – I am thinking of ordering one?
Nov 06, 2013, 07:15 AM
You win again gravity!
Have got one, but not flown yet due to the weather
Nov 06, 2013, 08:36 AM
A man with too many toys
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by SMorrisRC View Post
Have got one, but not flown yet due to the weather

Was everything a good fit?
Is there plenty of room for a 4s battery?

Nov 06, 2013, 10:48 AM
Comin' in HOT!
Motion's site says 4s 1600-2200mah 30C packs. And from looking at the pic it looks like it wouldn't fit much more withough carving some foam.

The ESC and Rx are housed underside I believe (little help SMorris) so at least you dont have to worry about that stuff taking up room.

Nov 06, 2013, 02:06 PM
You win again gravity!
The esc is mounted in a recess on the underside - very nicely done. The Rx has to fit in the battery compartment.......easiest place is right in the nose. You can fit a 2200mah 4s, but it's snug.
Nov 06, 2013, 03:19 PM
Comin' in HOT!
Yeah if the servo leads are long enough you could put the Rx way up in the front.
Nov 09, 2013, 10:47 PM
Its in stock at motionrc. Is this a good jet to buy? My 50mm jpower F-22 was totaled today, looking to get a more scale F-22. This one looks good, does anyone have one yet? (haven't seen a video of it flying yet).
Nov 09, 2013, 10:55 PM
CWE STL
Mine shipped Friday, I'm sure you'll see a lot of feedback soon.
Nov 10, 2013, 05:51 AM
A man with too many toys
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tspine View Post
Mine shipped Friday, I'm sure you'll see a lot of feedback soon.
Did you get the 3s or 4s power system?

Nov 10, 2013, 10:13 AM
CWE STL
4S for sure
Nov 10, 2013, 06:38 PM
Comin' in HOT!
Quote:
4S for sure
Nice, look forward to your review.
Nov 11, 2013, 09:32 PM
CWE STL
It arrived today! I had almost no time to mess around with it today. So I open up the box just to look everything over...and about 15 min later it was ready to rock. My plan from the begining was to remove the gear. The nose gear is a part of the plastic tray for the stearing servo so I'll need to fill the gap with foam before it is ready for a maiden. Note there are two different control rod diameters and the same for the horn links. I never opened the manual, it may specify that in there. Also the plastic rod attachment for the elevator needed minor sanding to slide on. It may snow here tonight so tomorrows maiden probably won't happen. I'll work on filling the nose before work. It may need AK vertical stab markings!
Nov 11, 2013, 09:37 PM
I feel vigorous!!!
Quote:
It arrived today! I had almost no time to mess around with it today. So I open up the box just to look everything over...and about 15 min later it was ready to rock. My plan from the begining was to remove the gear. The nose gear is a part of the plastic tray for the stearing servo so I'll need to fill the gap with foam before it is ready for a maiden. Note there are two different control rod diameters and the same for the horn links. I never opened the manual, it may specify that in there. Also the plastic rod attachment for the elevator needed minor sanding to slide on. It may snow here tonight so tomorrows maiden probably won't happen. I'll work on filling the nose before work. It may need AK vertical stab markings!
I am also thinking to remove the gear and hand launch. Can I ask what kind of foam you are going to use to fill in the nosegear hole? I've never had to do that before...thanks
Nov 11, 2013, 11:46 PM
CWE STL
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vigorous View Post
I am also thinking to remove the gear and hand launch. Can I ask what kind of foam you are going to use to fill in the nosegear hole? I've never had to do that before...thanks
I'm not sure that it matters what type of foam you use. That area shouldn't be under any real stress. I may may cut a few pieces of depron board I have laying around. I won't fill the whole void, only the underside of the nose.

Quick Reply