Oct 25, 2013, 05:10 PM
HA HA!...OK.....now I'm just embarrassed.

Looks great Justin.

kind regards
Tim
to remove ads between posts
Oct 25, 2013, 08:22 PM
Sweet! You must have four hands!
Great to see all this activity.
Oct 25, 2013, 09:47 PM
Thread OP
Ha. I've just been at a slow station this month so I've got a lot of down time and I started working on her at work. Hey what did you guys use for the rudder hinges on the hull? I used flat brass stock for them on the rudder but don't know if that's the best way for the hull.
Oct 25, 2013, 10:14 PM
Hi Justin

Yes..flat brass bent to shape, drilled and pinned on the hull.

Tim
Oct 31, 2013, 10:28 PM
Thread OP
Its official she has her name
Nov 01, 2013, 03:52 PM
Nice!

best regards
Tim
Nov 01, 2013, 04:24 PM
Looks great. That pic shows a LOT of detail work in a very short time.. You are quick.
Best,
Dan
Nov 09, 2013, 12:00 PM
Justin,
You asked about the water sensor circuit. Here's another diagram I found in an old post.
Nov 14, 2013, 07:01 PM
Thread OP

Lookin ship shape

Well it's been a couple of weeks and the yards been busy. The standing rigging is done and started the work on the running rigging. One problem.....out of line. I got my order of blocks (working and non-working) and been chugging along getting it all together. The size of this ship still impresses me every time I look at her. Going to get a float test in this weekend!
Nov 14, 2013, 10:03 PM
Way to go Justin! I officially dub thee "Speed Builder". Now we just need someone to take the "Go Speed Racer" theme song and change the lyrics for you.
Nov 15, 2013, 12:02 AM
Whoa - you must have a time machine....
Looks great!
Nov 20, 2013, 09:27 AM
Diver-driver
That is going to be a very very hard to beat record for building time of a SC&H Ship model... might make one almost belief the 120h work time given in the building instructions

outstanding
Phillip

P.s. do you build for hire ?
Dec 07, 2013, 03:30 PM
Thread OP

She sails!!

Well everyone over the last few weeks I got the bulk of the work done on reprisal. Wiring and sails all made and got her in the water. It's a little awkward moving the boat around on that cart. The first day for an actual sail test there was next to no wind (1-2kts) barly moved the sails. Even without much of a breeze I was still able to maneuver reasonably well. The second day was much better (8 kts gusting to 10) and can I say Wow! This ship is like a rocket. A slight heel and she takes off. Still need to do some tweaking and reworking in the rig but she is a sailer. Also I've been sailing real and RC boats for about 12 years (fore and afters) and square rig boats are a completely different beast. All I can say is backwind. The pond I was sailing on is a bit on the small side but I started to get the feel for boxhauling and wearing away. Seeing her on the water makes me very happy and people enjoy seeing it out as well. Still have lots of work to get her where I want her but the possibilities are endless when it come to tinkering with this boat. Cheers everyone

Justin
Dec 07, 2013, 03:32 PM
Thread OP
Doing this for a job would be great. I've thought about possibly building for hire but that's about as far as it got
Dec 07, 2013, 03:43 PM
Thread OP
Here's some random pics I've taken along the way

Quick Reply