Apr 22, 2016, 01:53 PM
masterfully done,
Last edited by Capt.T; Nov 09, 2016 at 10:19 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Dec 16, 2016, 09:13 AM
Thread bump. What's up with this awesome build?
Sep 15, 2018, 01:58 PM
Thread OP
Well its with a heavy heart that I say that i am selling Reprisal
Sep 15, 2018, 03:15 PM
SCALE Sailor
Very sorry to hear it, you're one of the closer SC&H owners to me and I was hoping we East Coasters might get together at some point. I still wanted to get you to make some flags too.

Hope you get through this storm intact, and good luck with whatever your future holds.
Sep 16, 2018, 07:17 AM
Hi Justin,
Hope you are far enough inland and that the river doesn't flood near you. Really sad news down there.
Just as you are selling Reprisal, I'm selling Syren. I was hoping to sail more this summer, but as the season passes and I get older it seems less and less likely she will sail much in the future. Hoping she goes to a "tinkerer sailor" who will enjoy the sailing and gun fire.
Would be interested in your thoughts on selling if you are willing to share here or by PM.
As with Paratrooper, I'm sorry to hear you are selling.
Best,
Dan
Oct 09, 2018, 08:13 PM
Thread OP
Thankfully the storm hit north of me and ran out of steam by the time it got this far inland. I haven't posted anything for Reprisals sale (busy with work and things) but i was thinking around the $3,500 area. With the mods and extras i believe its a fair asking price. What about you?
Oct 10, 2018, 10:19 AM
you're kidding....that seems like you're giving it away.......hard to find the right buyer to get the right price ......
Oct 10, 2018, 10:38 AM
8K to $10K or more...if you find a serious buyer that knows the work involved to build a well-performing large-scale RC square-rigger with prototypical detail. Not that many people who build these things...but not many buy these things either...
Oct 11, 2018, 07:06 AM
SCALE Sailor
Check with art dealers and auction houses, some art buyer for a corporation has a big budget burning a hole in their pocket and needs a big model in the corporate lobby.
Be sure to sell the electronics and running gear separately in that case.
Oct 14, 2018, 05:52 PM
Thread OP
Really 8-10K?
I just don't think my work is worth that
Apr 30, 2019, 11:25 PM
Thread OP
I'm selling Reprisal for $6000.00. If you are interested PM me.
Jun 10, 2019, 08:27 AM
Greetings,

I’m the new guy on the block as I’ve recently acquired Justin’s fine ship. I must tell you I was literally speechless when I first saw the ship in person. Words are inadequate to describe his thoughtful approach to building his ship.

I know there aren’t that many RC tall ship guys so, I’m looking forward to meeting some other owners.

One question I have is what are you all doing for launching carts? No need for me to reinvent the wheel, but I’ve been looking at collapsible ambulance/mortuary carts...

Cheers,

Gary
Jun 10, 2019, 08:53 AM
SCALE Sailor
Welcome to the Square-Rigger club!

Where in the world will you be operating?

I began blathering on about the cart I built and why about HERE in my Build log.
Jun 10, 2019, 09:06 AM
Currently I live in south Florida, thanks for the reply
Jun 11, 2019, 06:24 AM
Congratulations on the purchase. Welcome to the club!

Traveling with large scale models with tons of rigging is a challenge. It's a compromise between safety from breakage and time of set up at the pond. I take the masts with rigging attached and stow them in separate cases. Your model may have hinges at the base of the lower masts. This gives you the ability to ease your lines and lower them to the deck. I'm sure DitchDoc gave you some advice on that. Your time will be well spent going through DanL's, JerryTodd's, and TBowman's threads for advice.

Launch carts come in two main styles: two-wheel side launching with a hand cart (with cradle for your hull) or four wheel launch cart (with cradle for your hull) that backs into the water. The former for irregular/steep shore lines and the latter for smooth shore lines and ramps.

We all look forward to your adventures in scale sailing. HUZZAH!!!!
Last edited by Gammon Iron; Jun 19, 2019 at 05:47 AM.

Quick Reply