Jun 21, 2020, 08:46 AM
More details: Heading to Los Paseos Park, South San Jose at 8:30am today to set up my hose monster histart and fly some DLG. I will probably pack up around 11:00 when the winds are suppose to pick up. Happy fathers day. My guess is there may be some DLG flying at Kennedy Middle School today since it is open according to JohnB in LG.
to remove ads between posts
Jun 21, 2020, 08:47 AM

Martial Cottle Park Next Wednesday

I Have a request for a flight event for Wednesday 24th about 9:30am at Martial Cottle Park, San Jose in the field directly north of the park headquarters. I will post our approval when it comes. Park for free at the south entrance on the street (about 150 yard walk). I will bring DLG, and histart. We havenít got permission for motorized gliders yet, but I think they will be open to it perhaps when we chat with the ranger again. Letís not push that on. Please have AMA insurance since there are people and farming going on in this location.
Jun 22, 2020, 06:17 PM
My request came through so I will be flying Wednesday 6/24 from 9:30 to 11:30. I have not gotten formal permission for using a histart, but they field is just barely big enough for my Hose Monster histart if I shorten the line by a 100 feet. That said the my Supra is still probably too big for a comfortable landing. A 100" wingspan may be more appropriate.
Jun 27, 2020, 12:10 PM

No Flying Sunday Due to Wind

Sorry.
Jul 01, 2020, 01:41 AM

Kenney - Sunday 6/28

Last Sunday's DLG flying at Kennedy was a treat - the forecasted wind did not arrive, there were slight breezes from ever-changing directions, it was warm but not hot, the field was green and freshly aeriated, and the field was unoccupied except for the DLG fliers. Try it, you will like it.

And now for something completely different (sorry bout the ads):
Graupner Funky Chicken (2 min 0 sec)
Yesterday, 07:32 AM

Bedwell Bayfront Park Today 8:30

Hi Gang, three of us will be out at Bedwell Bayfront park at 8:30am in the big center field. We will be flying DLG & launching TD from a high start. Remember no motors a Bedwell, but the flying is good until the wind picks up which will be a bit later than usual today, 12:00. See you there.

Quick Reply