This thread is privately moderated by orbsah, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Sep 25, 2013, 08:32 PM
Trader Rating: 118
Thread OP
For Sale

Airboat Puddle Jumper

Selling the partially assembled Sterling MK II Puddle Jumper as shown. Requires finishing, RC radio (2-channel), power source (gas or electric). Looks like it could be a good recovery boat for stranded RC boats or floatplanes.

Please note contrary to the image on the front of the box, Iím selling only one boat.

$60 shipped to the lower 48; Paypal only please
to remove ads between posts
Sep 27, 2013, 07:32 AM
Thread OP
Size: 26" long x 11" wide.

Also want to point out the wheel wells are filled in. Previous owner intended this for water only, not land too.
Last edited by orbsah; Sep 27, 2013 at 07:15 PM.
Sep 27, 2013, 05:03 PM
Trader Rating: 181
Blew out my flip flop
Very cool!! I remember having the Sterling catalog as a kid, and wishing for one of these, along with most of the rest of the book
Jan 29, 2014, 11:22 PM
Trader Rating: 0
I built one of these as a kid and still remember it well. Is it still available? Is there anyway to email me a few of the pictures so I can get a better look at the condition of the build? It's: [email protected].

Thanks,

John
Jan 31, 2014, 04:52 PM
Thread OP
I'm glad you asked me to post more pics as I discovered today the vertical fins are not perpendicular to the top so I want to disclose that now to everyone. (I'm not the original builder, honest!) I would cut 'em off w/ my vibro saw, drill holes both going up into the fins and down into the hull and re-glue it using dowels for reinforcement - woudn't be difficult.

Anyway, more pics are included here.
Jul 19, 2014, 12:17 PM
Trader Rating: 0
Is this air boat still for sale?

Quick Reply