Aug 28, 2019, 08:29 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by BalsaBob
Hello All, I received my kit from Bob a few weeks ago and my carbon fiber parts from Midwest are on the way.

A few questions;

Is the Power 10 and 3S setup still the preferred package .... and is a Power 15 (with 3S or 4S) also an option ? (I happen to have a Power 15 setup lying around)

Is 6mm Depron available locally in hobby or craft stores ? (Incase I make a mistake during the build and need a replacement part)

Looking forward to the build !!!!

Bob
The Power 15 should work. Need to check KV. If it needs 4s to get same rpm as the power 10 than getting 4s in the handle may be a big issue.
to remove ads between posts
Aug 28, 2019, 04:48 PM
Thanks Otto, I will probably try the Power 15 setup (since I already have one and a few 2200 4S packs lying around). I will probably make a new handle to accommodate the 4S packs ..... Iím hoping it will not be that noticeable ..... if looks like it will be way out of proportion I will just by the Power 10 setup.

I will let you all know how it plays out.

Bob
Aug 29, 2019, 05:27 PM
Retired CAD guy
Just this FYI:

We are now only 2 months form Halloween !!!

This is a challenging build so be sure you leave yourself enough time to get ti right.

Please order early for your building convenience.

Bob @ Hoosier Cutout Service
Sep 22, 2019, 10:47 AM
Question regarding the carbon fiber round tubes ...... The bill of materials notes that a single 40 inch round tube is needed .... but in Step 3 it looks like 2 are needed (two 20 inch pieces and a single 40 inch piece). Or should the 40 inch piece on the rear of the cape be a square tube ?

Bob
Sep 23, 2019, 12:23 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Question regarding the carbon fiber round tubes ...... The bill of materials notes that a single 40 inch round tube is needed .... but in Step 3 it looks like 2 are needed (two 20 inch pieces and a single 40 inch piece). Or should the 40 inch piece on the rear of the cape be a square tube ?

Bob
There are 3 carbon pieces used in step 3. There are two 20 inch 1/8 diameter carbon rods used in the chevron shape and a 1/4 inch diameter 40 inch rear crossmember. I have used both a round carbon tube and square carbon tube for the rear 40 inch stiffener. Either will work but the round tube is cheaper.
Sep 23, 2019, 10:34 AM
Thanks Otto, Can I use one of the two square tubes noted in the Bill of Materials, or do I need both for future steps ? (I did not see the larger round tube noted on the Bill of Materials so I didn’t order one).

Bob
Last edited by BalsaBob; Sep 23, 2019 at 08:16 PM.
Sep 24, 2019, 12:52 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Thanks Otto, Can I use one of the two square tubes noted in the Bill of Materials, or do I need both for future steps ? (I did not see the larger round tube noted on the Bill of Materials so I didnít order one).

Bob
It wasn't in the BoM. Surprised nobody mentioned it before. In the BoM now. Thanx.
Oct 12, 2019, 09:02 AM
Great quick service from Bob @hoosiercutoutservice
Thanks Bob.
Oct 12, 2019, 02:16 PM
Retired CAD guy
thanx for comps gd62 !

I made quite a few this season.
Seems like every years the demand is different.

Happy Halloween !

Jan 23, 2020, 06:24 PM
Retired CAD guy
It is Building Season and Spring is ON IT"S WAY !

But October will be here soon as well.
If you have read thru the whole thread
Please note that I have added a Ply Parts option.

This IS a builders kit so get your build started soon,
leaving plenty of time for construction custom painting.

These have been flown from San Diago California to Vienna Austria.

Airshow teams need to consider this model for an interesting interlude
between the fast movers and showy Aerobatic acts.

Aug 28, 2020, 08:10 PM
Retired CAD guy
It is nearing the End of Summer 2020.
You have only two months to build and fly your Witch or Man On A Broom RC model.

I urge you to get your order in soon before it's too late.

It's a builders kit , but, two months should allow for plenty of time to get things just right !

Standing by,

Bob @ Hoosier Cutout Service 15yrs of service to the Foamy builders community
Sep 04, 2020, 12:54 PM
Culper Junior
I must start on my kit. I bought it from you two years ago and never opened it. It’s now or nev.. well, it’s now.
Sep 12, 2020, 12:16 AM
I will order ASAP. If I could find a R t f would be cool but kit will allow me room for added things like less weight,led’s and maybe f p v night camera. Will order next month and gives me a month.

Will add some sound affects with a greeting card circuit module of eBay and small three inch to four inch speakers, 3-5watts and small audio module amp for that. I hope I can build within a day and work on flying, pretty experienced pilot here just haven’t flown a lot lately, changing that soon. I’ll be sure to update you guys as I get some progress.
Last edited by Tankogen; Sep 15, 2020 at 05:59 PM. Reason: Instead of another post : edit
Sep 24, 2020, 08:51 AM
Retired CAD guy
It recently came ot my attention that there was not drawing og the Diagonal wood brace
mentioned earlier in the build.

So I've developed the drawing for that part.

Sorry it was so late in thread.

Quick Reply