This thread is privately moderated by Sawn Craft, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Sep 24, 2013, 12:02 PM
Jonathan Sawn
Thread OP
Build Log

Laser Cutter Test Today

I have arranged some time so tonight I will be running some cutting tests on a Universal Laser 80w cutter!

I've used this machine to cut some test cuts last year, but this time I have a variety of materials, (DTFB, EPP, Depron, balsa, basswood, plywood, and poster board) and a truly scientific test method so the results should be repeatable for future production runs!

Stay tuned to find out more about the new projects that I'll be finishing up in the coming weeks!
to remove ads between posts
Sep 24, 2013, 03:18 PM
I think I'm inverted. Maybe.
Isn't it a wonderful machine? Best too-much-money I've ever spent.

I've done quite a bit of testing for actually all the materials you listed. It works through them all very cleanly and quickly. I've also cut 2mm G10, half-and-3/4in XPS, various-thickness ABS... also works great.

Quick Reply