Jul 24, 2019, 04:10 AM
Youtube channel : solentlifeuk
Quote:
Originally Posted by dashunde
Anyone have a decent old Skipper canopy leftover?
I need a backup plan...

I installed lightweight racing quad FPV stuff in mine, problem is I'm discovering my skipper is nose-heavy out of the factory with a 2200 and no canopy at all with pack all the way back on the esc (thats also been pushed back).

I'll mess around with radio/esc placement... but I smell lead in the tail already :/
or
Maybe just a bigger motor and a 3 blade?
I'm not surprised as it was designed for about a 1500 3S only without any additional FPV / other gear.

Personally - its already heavier as designed than a Polaris - so adding more weight IMHO can only make it even more worse than the Polaris.
to remove ads between posts
Jul 24, 2019, 05:19 AM
I fly mine with a 1500 battery, which is about the right weight. I get about 10 minutes with that. Also, it does fly okay without the canopy too. If I'm flying it back-to-back several flights I'll do that to let the ESC cool, but I also fly it off grass so am not worried about water intrusion.

Quick Reply