Sep 26, 2013, 07:39 AM
Thread OP
Thanks for the info Stuart! Can you tell us what motor is being used. It seems rather efficient. Also are these going to be stocked in the regional warehouse?
Jay
to remove ads between posts
Sep 27, 2013, 06:04 AM

New product

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuart warne
A 2200mah 3s can be used, we tested it on this, but the 1300mah 3s is the preferred choice of lipo. You'll have room for your AS3X Rx, though it won't be needed, she's a very stable platform, both in the air, on the water and grass.

Here's an additional video of it flying at NEAT last week. I used the above mentioned 1300mah 3s and got a good 7mins of flying:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=smEkG10d3yM

S.

Stuart..Is that plane on the "clip still" a teaser for a future product or is it someone else's product..Any details??
Sep 27, 2013, 07:36 AM
Living the dream
Quote:
Originally Posted by union1
It looks a LOT like a Joysway Dragonfly! ;-)
It is - just rebadged. Very impressed with the vids and just pulled the trigger on a HK one.

Here's a neat vid of the Dragonfly.

Joysway Float plane (2 min 45 sec)
Sep 27, 2013, 09:24 PM
PSALM 14:1
Quote:
Originally Posted by choopi

Tried your code but it didn't take anything off the price

And yes, I was previously logged in before clicking your code...
Sep 28, 2013, 04:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sammy70
Tried your code but it didn't take anything off the price

And yes, I was previously logged in before clicking your code...
Maybe it's over. I looked on my account and the code is gone, sorry.
Sep 28, 2013, 09:55 PM
Upstanding Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by stuart warne
1300mah 3s and got a good 7mins of flying:
That's great efficiency!

Stock these in the US warehous (~$125, shipped) and I'll get one

Just bought a PZ micro Icon today, will hopefully maiden tomorrow.
Yeah it's overpriced at $165 but it is tiny, and pretty impressively detailed.
Sep 28, 2013, 09:58 PM
PSALM 14:1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurt
Stock these in the US warehous (~$125, shipped) and I'll get one

Me too!
Sep 28, 2013, 10:03 PM
3 Blades is Better Than 2!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sammy70
Me too!
Me three!

...and a nice buddy code to go with it

Kman
Sep 28, 2013, 11:19 PM
Thread OP
Ouch! $40 shipping is too much for me. I guess I am waiting for the US warehouse too.
Sep 29, 2013, 05:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fentonflyers
Ouch! $40 shipping is too much for me. I guess I am waiting for the US warehouse too.
Total cost is $142 shipped. That is still a great deal. I think you'll might see up to a $25 dollar rise in the USA warehouse price and shipping won't be free so the total cost won't change a lot. Compare other international prices to US prices on Durafly and then add shipping to compare the total cost.

The best part of the US warehouse is not worrying about shipping issues. Sometimes the shipping boxes are ripped open and things are crushed during that long intl shipping route.
Sep 29, 2013, 07:52 AM
Upstanding Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by ducatirdr
Total cost is $142 shipped. That is still a great deal.
That's arguable of course.
Purely in parts cost, there's not much to it. 40A ESC, motor, 4 plastic servos (what's that, ~$35 max retail for mid level HK stuff?) and a very simple airframe (no detailed canopy, no gear, one piece fuse&wing, no paint, no carbon etc) don't add up to almost $150 IMO.
It's a new design (for HK) and of course they have to pay for development, molds, advertising etc and make a few bucks so while not wildly overpriced I wouldn't call it a "great deal". It's also desirable since there just aren't that many PNP seaplanes around.
For comparison, the latest Stinger Jet has metal gear servos (not necessary on the Skipper, but still), paint (incredibly ugly, but again, still...) 4S-ready ESC&motor and a more complex airframe and is the same $99 + shipping.
https://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s..._EPO_PNF_.html
Sep 29, 2013, 10:47 AM
It's the same model as this https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show....php?t=1910642

Mines still flying fine even after it's problem with a soaked aileron servo and yes it's amazingly efficient.
Sep 29, 2013, 12:02 PM
QuAd FaNaTiC
whose gunna be the first to FPV this bad boy>
Sep 29, 2013, 04:35 PM
Fly, crash, glue. Repeat.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurt
That's arguable of course.
True. But at least compared to the outrageous prices they're asking for a Joysway in the EU it's still 40% off after shipping and tax.

Can't wait!
Sep 30, 2013, 12:01 AM
You can't beat HK on prices..I'd hazzard a guess and say that they are made in the same factory and re-badged..How others can charge double is beyond me given that they are probably made for about 1/8th of HK price..Postage/Mail they have no control over.

Quick Reply