Sep 21, 2013, 03:20 PM
Discussion

JCSF Flying Circus

OK, now I'm NOT a videographer but I did try to get some "movie film" of the Jersey Coast Sport Flyers' Flying Circus on Thursday evening. If you were there, I hope you enjoy the video; if you weren't there then maybe after your viewing you will consider "running away with the circus" next year!!

JCSF Flying Circus (10 min 15 sec)
to remove ads between posts
Sep 21, 2013, 04:31 PM
Thanks Miss Micki,

I was there and had ball. The JCSF's are the best hosts.

Ed
Sep 21, 2013, 10:36 PM
Miss Micki,

Thanks SO MUCH for posting your video. Great flashback! Hopefully you enjoyed Carolynn's bubble copter Next year you and Bill will have to give it a try!

Rob
Sep 24, 2013, 10:16 AM
Is our bubble copter in the video? What time?
Sep 24, 2013, 11:39 AM
Pete,

I don't recall seeing the bubble copter in the video. I just know Miss Micki wanted bubbles in the tent and you guys delivered

Rob
Sep 24, 2013, 01:21 PM
Gotta make a "Honey Bourbon" delivery system for next year's event!
Sep 24, 2013, 01:52 PM
NEAT NERD & Aviation Addict

Scoring system?

Hi Rob,

It looks like you have a scoring system. What were the point values?

Looks fun!
Sep 24, 2013, 02:04 PM
Sorry, Pete, but the bubble copter isn't in the video. Micki tried, but the camera couldn't focus on it in the dim light, so it (and the bubbles) were just blurs.

Bill
Sep 24, 2013, 04:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Petefoss View Post
Gotta make a "Honey Bourbon" delivery system for next year's event!
Hmmm... that sounds like a fun project. Let me see what I can come up with

Rob
Sep 24, 2013, 04:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PropellerHeadK View Post
Hi Rob,

It looks like you have a scoring system. What were the point values?

Looks fun!
Hey Kevin,

For the first two events each pilot had two minutes to complete their mission.

For the hoola hoop component, a pilot got (1) point each time they flew through a hoop. Two (2) points were awarded for a "pinata", where the pilot was able to hang their plane on the hoop by its tail

For the carrier landing contest the pilot received one point for each successful hook or landing on the deck.

For the balloon burst each balloon counted for five points due to the difficulty, and time was based on battery duration. However no one was able to burst a balloon so we'll have to tune that next year.

For part 1 and 2 the pilots flew solo, but part 3 was a furball with everyone flying together.

All points were cumulative!

Rob
Sep 24, 2013, 08:28 PM
You're killin' me Smalls
Quote:
Originally Posted by stangrob View Post
Hmmm... that sounds like a fun project. Let me see what I can come up with

Rob
bourbon attacks the seals on squirt gun type things, so be very aware of the time limit you're working with. Lesson learned from a twin tank super soaker loaded with Beam and Coke lo 20 years ago.

And I have nothing to do with honey anything, that bottle didn't make it to the JCSF tent.
Sep 24, 2013, 11:43 PM
Lori, hey, you're home early
We had a great time flying with our JCSF friends. It was one of the high points of the weekend and certainly the most memorable part of NEAT 2013. Thanks guys!
Sep 25, 2013, 06:45 AM
Don't cut the Yellow Wire
[QUOTE=
And I have nothing to do with honey anything, that bottle didn't make it to the JCSF tent.[/QUOTE]

It did make it to the tent...Mike AKA "Honey BooBoo" drank it all........ And there was much rejoicing

Sep 25, 2013, 11:23 AM
What happened to the Apple Pie Jason? I'm glad I didn't take too much of that, I think I could have gone for the whole jar
Sep 25, 2013, 11:53 AM
You're killin' me Smalls
The JD Honey expired in transit walking. The apple pie was appreciated and in it's own good time became an empty container. The Stag staggered back at the end of the night gravely injured but hobbled back to NJ much diminished.