Oct 07, 2013, 06:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AJWoods View Post
That's my dad's (Lee Woodworth) "Blow Plane." He made it out of an inflatable pool toy. At some point in the next week or so I'll be working with him to put together a build thread, and start posting plans/parts lists.

-Adam
Hi Adam,

Any luck with the build thread? Love to see more details and hints. Have the planes in house today ;-)
Does it really need the 500W?

Ben
to remove ads between posts
Oct 07, 2013, 08:14 AM
Aircraft Designer Guy
Just got the parts in the mail to start making templates and such. I'll probably start the thread next week

-A
Latest blog entry: Giant Scale Lego Plane
Oct 07, 2013, 08:20 AM
How high will it go?
This world needs more flying pool toys
Latest blog entry: FAA registration
Oct 07, 2013, 12:14 PM
Lee came by the local airport this weekend to fly his "float" plane. It flies VERY slow and gracefully. It looks really controllable too!

I heard there was a hole big enough for a chemical glow stick to go into and it lights the entire float up for some nice night flying too!
Dec 08, 2013, 06:34 AM

Plans

HI. Hope you and your dad still intend to post plans and build details of the pool plane, it looked really impressive at the NEAT FAIR. My grandson has 'donated' one for me to convert for him. THANKS.
Feb 21, 2014, 06:37 AM
Is this still a living project ? I would so like to create on for my kid to try his hand at flying.
Feb 21, 2014, 07:02 AM
Aircraft Designer Guy
Sorry, life got a little crazy for me. I had intended to draw a plans set, but at this point, I'll probably just photocopy the parts and post them here. If anybody is up for the task of producing nice drawings, I'll gladly send the set of foam parts I have.

-Adam
Mar 29, 2014, 07:14 PM
Aircraft Designer Guy
Finally got around to finishing the CAD for this. Plans will be available shortly

-Adam
May 06, 2014, 09:18 AM

Pool plane plans

CAD drawings look very impressive. Looking forward to seeing the plans posted.
May 24, 2014, 02:41 PM
Last winter we started to work on the BlowJet, Last weekend we maidened it. Third launch ended it, but maybe we fly again this weekend, if the wind stays down.
Here the video:
Inflatable RC plane - BlowJet (4 min 25 sec)
May 24, 2014, 02:58 PM
As a nose cone, we used a measuring cup from IKEA, just trim the handle of.
http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/70134968/
Dec 11, 2014, 11:06 AM
Were Plans and or a parts list ever published or made available? I saw one at Flite Fest, and loved it but I was running the parking that day and never got to track down and speak to the owners. I have the two pack of the toys, need to get a solid idea of what I need for motor/ESC combo, what Batteries, servo size etc?

Thanks in advance for anything you can do.
Aug 07, 2015, 06:47 PM
I've got the basic plane, just wondering what motor and prop works - and where the CG is? I'm at that terrifying point where I have done all the buying and building (and bragging), but it aint yet flying - my reputation as a mad scientist is at stake!
Aug 07, 2015, 06:53 PM
Hi Cropduster! Been studying your blowjet inflatable plane. Love your work! I've been trying to get my own blowjet working. 2 questions:
A)What motor and prop did you use?
B) Where is the CG?
May 31, 2016, 06:49 PM
Team LightRC
Bump.

What motor and battery setup?