Need to know about this plane - Page 2 - RC Groups
Sep 20, 2013, 03:18 PM
Kit Manufacturer
Quote:
Originally Posted by FPVJOCKEY
Lee,
Amazon is going to wonder why they are selling out of a pool toy in Sept. You should make the water gun functional.
We talked a lot about inflatables in general on wednesday night on TheCrashCast and one of the themes was inserting light into them for night flying
Latest blog entry: BluFO-XL review by Tim...
to remove ads between posts
Sep 20, 2013, 03:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by coreman
We talked a lot about inflatables in general on wednesday night on TheCrashCast and one of the themes was inserting light into them for night flying
My old man brought this idea up with me as well. Funny how people's minds get working. Only problem we could see and haven't really spent much time addressing is how would one get the lights inside then either run them with an external or internal battery without compromising the inflatable structure?
Sep 20, 2013, 04:05 PM
Too many? No such thing.
I came across this one when I first started flying and it blew my mind.

Flying Bulldozer (1 min 4 sec)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Condor84
Don't get me wrong. The Eurofighter was VERY impressive. But something just boggles my brain when I get to see something that normally shouldn't fly take to the air (the flying lawnmower comes to mind), which seems a little odd considering that I fly nothing but conventional aircraft.
Latest blog entry: Days are getting really short
Sep 20, 2013, 04:35 PM
In true NEAT Fair tradition, the water gun should function and be filled with booze!
Sep 20, 2013, 05:23 PM
Aircraft Designer Guy
We talked a lot on the way home about future additions and mods to the blow force. Ad far as lighting goes, big volumes like this can be lit very well with a few lights. A couple of high powered LED s inserted into the squirt gun pocket would light the whole thing. There are emergency lanterns that use a similar method. http://www.luminaid.com
Latest blog entry: Big Snowspeeder
Sep 21, 2013, 10:20 AM
Kit Manufacturer
Quote:
My old man brought this idea up with me as well. Funny how people's minds get working. Only problem we could see and haven't really spent much time addressing is how would one get the lights inside then either run them with an external or internal battery without compromising the inflatable structure?
through the inflation nozzle with the possibility of magnet wire sewn through the plastic and a repair made. Or a small slit can be made and repaired
Sep 21, 2013, 01:17 PM
I had some time to talk with my old man last night, and we figured out that cutting a small hole and then using a small piece of plastic tubing as a conduit would be an option as well. Then fill the tubing with silicon, bend it over, and patch the entire job with silicon and a regular PVC patch. Hadn't thought of magnet wire, and being so small in diameter, that'd be a great idea.
I ended up with an inflatable Blue Angles jet around 24" in length because I want to give a micro of this concept a try. Should be a fun project, and I'd really like to thank the Woodworths for showing that this concept is workable, and I sincerely hope that they don't mind if we mess around with our own pool toys.
Sep 21, 2013, 03:10 PM
Kit Manufacturer
Quote:
I had some time to talk with my old man last night, and we figured out that cutting a small hole and then using a small piece of plastic tubing as a conduit would be an option as well. Then fill the tubing with silicon, bend it over, and patch the entire job with silicon and a regular PVC patch. Hadn't thought of magnet wire, and being so small in diameter, that'd be a great idea.
I ended up with an inflatable Blue Angles jet around 24" in length because I want to give a micro of this concept a try. Should be a fun project, and I'd really like to thank the Woodworths for showing that this concept is workable, and I sincerely hope that they don't mind if we mess around with our own pool toys.
one of the things we had discussed was 4 blue angles or thunderbirds in a diamond pattern on a frame and flying the formation. You could even have the ability to eject one plane and do a missing man formation pass. So many options
Sep 23, 2013, 08:05 AM
Closed Account
Last edited by ClosedAccount; Jun 16, 2014 at 11:44 AM.
Sep 23, 2013, 10:58 AM
History Eraser Button?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Micubano

http://youtu.be/3hBhguEXQrE
Funny! Not sure I'd call that flying though
Sep 23, 2013, 05:08 PM
Kit Manufacturer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Micubano
I remember seeing that on one of the podcast pages I frequent. I believe it was done for some anniversary party for Caterpillar
Oct 03, 2013, 11:45 PM
How high will it go?
Someone should rc the Lukes manikin, that would get my attention lol.
Latest blog entry: FAA registration
Oct 04, 2013, 05:25 AM
Kit Manufacturer
Quote:
Originally Posted by antslake
Someone should rc the Lukes manikin, that would get my attention lol.
There has been discussion of doing a sex doll "superhero" type of thing
Oct 04, 2013, 06:58 AM
Otto did it months ago.

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...postcount=1528