Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
Sep 18, 2013, 08:14 PM
14s 180mah should be enough...
Discussion

Need to know about this plane

Any info would be appreciated...this is just to cool!!!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/1014901...57635587564724
to remove ads between posts
Sep 18, 2013, 08:30 PM
The Eh Team
Quote:
Originally Posted by IFLYOS
Any info would be appreciated...this is just to cool!!!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/1014901...57635587564724
I took notes on this one.

INTEX 56539

http://www.amazon.com/Intex-56539EP-...pr_product_top

Control surfaces taped on, servos and rx in the rear, battery/esc/motor in front, 'firewall' taped on to front compressing the inflatable nose, aluminum nose cone taped around that. Elevons instead of trying to put ailerons on it.
Sep 18, 2013, 08:31 PM
Aircraft Designer Guy
That's my dad's (Lee Woodworth) "Blow Plane." He made it out of an inflatable pool toy. At some point in the next week or so I'll be working with him to put together a build thread, and start posting plans/parts lists.

-Adam
Latest blog entry: Giant Scale Lego Plane
Sep 18, 2013, 08:43 PM
Thanks guys...that is one cool plane!!

Tim
Sep 19, 2013, 06:16 AM
Dang, only about $12 for the "airframe"!
Sep 19, 2013, 06:20 AM
that's Lee Woodworth from the Wingbuster M.A.C. In Middleboro, MA. He's a perpetual tinkerer and is famous within our club for flying some really crazy stuff!

I'll tell him this weekend about the interest in his balloon plane!

I think his son frequents these forums but I don't know his handle.

EDIT: I see his son posted already!
Sep 19, 2013, 06:56 AM
Much thanks to the "Eh?" team as well as Adam for the info. This plane was a discussion topic on the podcast last night, as well as serving as inspiration for Team Cobra

Quote:
Originally Posted by eajohnson
I took notes on this one.

INTEX 56539

http://www.amazon.com/Intex-56539EP-...pr_product_top

Control surfaces taped on, servos and rx in the rear, battery/esc/motor in front, 'firewall' taped on to front compressing the inflatable nose, aluminum nose cone taped around that. Elevons instead of trying to put ailerons on it.
Sep 19, 2013, 07:45 AM
Kit Manufacturer
Quote:
Originally Posted by IFLYOS
Much thanks to the "Eh?" team as well as Adam for the info. This plane was a discussion topic on the podcast last night, as well as serving as inspiration for Team Cobra
yeah, I mentioned it and the Eurofighter getting the award and SAWatt provided pictures. Some CRAZY inflatables were discussed post-show for SEFF next year

I just noticed Miss Micki got some great shots of it
Latest blog entry: BluFO review by Jim T Graham
Sep 19, 2013, 09:13 AM
I fly things
Here is a video of it. If you listen to the announcer you can hear the specs of it.

http://youtu.be/JM1VmNP96Qo?t=9m11s
Latest blog entry: E-Flite Cessna 150 Aerobat 250
Sep 19, 2013, 07:42 PM

Blow plane

I had a lot of fun flying it at neat....Adam and I are getting patterns and specs put out so everyone can join the "blow force".....Lee
Sep 19, 2013, 09:24 PM
My old man and I when we saw this almost pee'd our pants..it was AWSOME. He was so excited that he actually ordered a pool toy or two or three to try his own build.

This was definitely my favorite plane of the event, hands down.
Sep 20, 2013, 06:07 AM
Kit Manufacturer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Condor84
My old man and I when we saw this almost pee'd our pants..it was AWSOME. He was so excited that he actually ordered a pool toy or two or three to try his own build.

This was definitely my favorite plane of the event, hands down.
yep, it was great
Latest blog entry: BluFO review by Jim T Graham
Sep 20, 2013, 10:54 AM
I find it funny that Adam's scratch built gigantic Eurofighter and his dad's pool toy were next to each other and everyone asked about the pool toy.

Hey Adam, at least you got some awesome pancakes while people oogled the pool toy

..Rich
Sep 20, 2013, 12:50 PM
Don't get me wrong. The Eurofighter was VERY impressive. But something just boggles my brain when I get to see something that normally shouldn't fly take to the air (the flying lawnmower comes to mind), which seems a little odd considering that I fly nothing but conventional aircraft.
Sep 20, 2013, 02:11 PM
To Infinity and Beyond
Quote:
Originally Posted by woodall
I had a lot of fun flying it at neat....Adam and I are getting patterns and specs put out so everyone can join the "blow force".....Lee
Lee,
Amazon is going to wonder why they are selling out of a pool toy in Sept. You should make the water gun functional.