Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
Old Sep 18, 2013, 01:03 AM
Find More Posts by hookpilot
Idea

Thinking of a Very Unusual Sub Model

Now that I'm nearing the end of a 28 month build of a steam powered sternwheeler model, my attention is now turning to the next project. Take a look at drawings of my last project before retiring- it is a 40 foot long 35 metric ton submersible capable of diving to 1200 feet with crew of 2 and 8 passengers. I was the Deputy Project Manager and test pilot on the build. The submersible now lives in the marina of a private super yacht. The sub would make a great subject to model, say around 40 inches long. It would be a challenge to try and model the interior of the sub since there are plenty of large viewports to see inside. The actual sub also has a manipulator arm and 5 external subsea lights for photography and videography that would be interesting to include. Since this would be my first build of a model sub, this forum will be of great help.

Subpilot Mike
Last edited by hookpilot; Sep 19, 2013 at 01:19 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 18, 2013, 05:12 PM
Find More Posts by sunworksco
BabyBootLegger
Great design to build.
Try www.subcommittee.com
www.subpirates.com
Old Sep 18, 2013, 07:50 PM
Find More Posts by herrmill
Shanghai'd Expat
http://forum.sub-driver.com