Jun 10, 2019, 02:23 PM
Landing is not optional
Quote:
Originally Posted by Straight Up
I haven't found an FMS 90mm fan that comes with the inrunner. I ordered one from AliExpress and was disappointed to see it used an outrunner. Is there an inrunner version of the FMS 90mm fan?
Nope, just the outrunner. It does very well in my FMS Super Scorpion though!
to remove ads between posts
Jun 13, 2019, 05:28 AM
Its time for a new sport jet from motion. This jet while good, has been around for what 10 years ?
Time for a large 90mm rebel.
Jun 13, 2019, 07:27 AM
Landing is not optional
Quote:
Originally Posted by capt soap
Its time for a new sport jet from motion. This jet while good, has been around for what 10 years ?
Time for a large 90mm rebel.
I have been saying this for 70mm as well for a while. They had a huge hit with the Stinger 90. Then the Avanti 80 came out and was an even bigger success. Right now, 6s 70mm sport jets are really popular as well and I am surprised MRC/FW hasn't brought something out.

I do have a 70mm Rebel on a XRP setup on 6s and it is a blast! I'd take a V2 6s 70mm Rebel for sure. I'd take a 90mm Rebel as well. It would favor something like the Taft 90mm Cobra which looked great in my opinion.

What I'd REALLY LOVE to see as the next sport jet would be a foam BVM Bandit!
Jun 13, 2019, 09:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jersey giants
OK, so all you gurus out there, can I upgrade my stinger to a 8s system buy upgrading my esc and UBEC to let say a 120 amp esc and a 10amp ubec and leave the stock motor and fan in it just to get a little more out of her. Then run two 4s 3300 mah lipos in series, or what.
NO NO NO

Will need a High voltage esc, and new fan rated for 8s. The voltage of 8s need to be paired to the specs of motor or something wrong will happen:
1. Amp hug if lucky not to burn motor or esc.
2. Reduced time.

Recommend if want more speed

1. Put a more efficient fan: wemotec or Jetfan. Jetfan is better.
2. I nrunner motor 2200 kv
3. Make exhaust tube to correct diamater 76mm
4. Good real 45c lipo.

Cheers

Juan
Aug 09, 2019, 11:01 AM
OK, next question, I have a 90mm, 6Blade Fan With a 1850 KV motor, also have a 160amp hobby wing esc laying around, if I up grade the ubec, and ran a 8s battery set up, would this work, and would it be a noticeable difference in performance?
Aug 16, 2019, 12:22 PM
I purchased the tail cone from motion for the f-16 that I want to put on my stinger 90, can anyone give me some guidance on installing it? I assume I need to cut the foam off straight on outlet of the stinger first, then how or what is used to glue the cone on, not much surface on the cone for glue. Anyone that has done this, I would appreciate some input on it, Thanks
Aug 16, 2019, 12:36 PM

Exhaust Cone Mod for Stinger 90mm

Quote:
Originally Posted by jersey giants
I purchased the tail cone from motion for the f-16 that I want to put on my stinger 90, can anyone give me some guidance on installing it? I assume I need to cut the foam off straight on outlet of the stinger first, then how or what is used to glue the cone on, not much surface on the cone for glue. Anyone that has done this, I would appreciate some input on it, Thanks
Experts in tail coning....
https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...postcount=7276
https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...postcount=7100

Air-Jon (aka: 'never go full marketing') has the best mod compilation post at....
https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...postcount=8507
Last edited by pmanning; Aug 16, 2019 at 12:44 PM.
Aug 23, 2019, 07:36 AM
OK, So I'm in the process of gathering up the stuff I need to convert my stinger over to a 8s system. Have the ESC, 150amp hobby wing with no bec. Looking at UBEC's, they come in different voltage, 3,5,7,15 what should I be using voltage wise in the ubec for the stinger?
Aug 23, 2019, 08:00 AM
Retired US Navy
5. The highest as long as its under 6. Retracts don’t like 6 or over.
Aug 23, 2019, 01:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evan D
5. The highest as long as its under 6. Retracts donít like 6 or over.
Thanks
Oct 08, 2019, 04:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rlake
Starhopper44,
Either way your video inspired me. I used a 3 inch light duty extension spring from the local hardware store and control horns, it works perfect! Net weight savings is 48 grams
��
Hi there
Jus found this gear door arrangement through a search and its exactly what I am looking for but what is holding the rear clevices is it thread or another spring?
Thanks Steve
Oct 17, 2019, 06:57 AM
No takers ?
Oct 17, 2019, 07:57 AM
(TechDad) Bob Templeton
Quote:
Originally Posted by STEVEAIR2
Hi there
Jus found this gear door arrangement through a search and its exactly what I am looking for but what is holding the rear clevices is it thread or another spring?
Thanks Steve
Looks like it's string or a zip tie...something flexible. Anything flexible should work fine as long as it can't get tangled or snagged on something.
Latest blog entry: Having Fun!!!
Oct 17, 2019, 10:47 AM
The stock gear doors are operated thru 2 cleaves on metal wire to a servo.
Oct 18, 2019, 03:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by T3chDad
Looks like it's string or a zip tie...something flexible. Anything flexible should work fine as long as it can't get tangled or snagged on something.
Yes your right it does look like thread.
Capt Soap I was Having difficulty with setting up the two clevices and came across this method as a good alternative.

Quick Reply