Thread Tools
Dec 23, 2013, 06:37 PM
Registered User
Anyone have a stock rotor they want to sell???...I ordered the kit version and didn't realize that the fan doesn't come with the plane as most kit versions do...I really only need the rotor but will buy the entire stock fan if given a good deal!!!...

Let me know!!!....THANKS!!!...Kevin
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Dec 23, 2013, 10:56 PM
California Style
airboss/oc's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin Greene
Anyone have a stock rotor they want to sell???...I ordered the kit version and didn't realize that the fan doesn't come with the plane as most kit versions do...I really only need the rotor but will buy the entire stock fan if given a good deal!!!...

Let me know!!!....THANKS!!!...Kevin
Kevin I have a complete fan unit (nib) for stinger with the alum housing no motor, I see you are a bit east of me but if you want it let me know I can send you pay shipping.
Dec 24, 2013, 10:35 PM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by airboss/oc
Kevin I have a complete fan unit (nib) for stinger with the alum housing no motor, I see you are a bit east of me but if you want it let me know I can send you pay shipping.
PM me to tell me how much shipped to 38305...Is it the stock fan or the more expensive fan for inrunner motors???....

Kevin
Dec 25, 2013, 02:04 AM
Registered User

Spektrum AS3X


Merry Christmas! Hey has anyone tested an AS3X receiver in this bird yet? If so, how do you like it? I have one, but haven't been able to get reverse the settings on it. I tried it in a Sbach first, thank Goodness. All of the surfaces responded in reverse, so it was very unstable; but, I landed her safely.
Dec 26, 2013, 10:47 AM
California Style
airboss/oc's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mooiman1
Merry Christmas! Hey has anyone tested an AS3X receiver in this bird yet? If so, how do you like it? I have one, but haven't been able to get reverse the settings on it. I tried it in a Sbach first, thank Goodness. All of the surfaces responded in reverse, so it was very unstable; but, I landed her safely.
you flew before checking throw direction ? Merry Christmas
Dec 26, 2013, 11:36 AM
Registered User

Stinger 90 with Tamjet 90mm edf


OK... Santa delivered a brand new Tamjet 90mm edf (8s system) to my stocking.

I guess its time to add cf spars to all surfaces along with judicious use of clear mylar tape. I can't wait!!
Dec 26, 2013, 06:51 PM
California Style
airboss/oc's Avatar
get pics and vid please
Dec 26, 2013, 08:08 PM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by airboss/oc
get pics and vid please
What about the fan/rotor???

Kevin
Dec 27, 2013, 03:45 PM
More Speed Indeed!
Hossinarizona's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianHeli
Well guy my stinger is officially on 8s!! I have installed the Dr Mad Thrust 1400kv unit,Turnigy Dlux 160HV ESC and 2 4s 4000 packs. A friend of mine turned me on to the Dr Mad Thrust units a while back and he has a few and is loving them. Power and sound are very good and its a very cost effective unit. He has one in his stinger as well but his is the 6s version. He also has one that's the 70mm 6s version in his habu 2 and its crazy. 140-150ish. All fits well and the CG is perfect on my stinger. I will keep everyone updated on the results when the weather clears a bit and I go fly her. I will probably be looking at selling my stock fan/motor and ESC if anyone is interested in these items that may be taking the kit route right now because of the PNP shortage. Just PM me if you are interested. Can't wait to fly the stinger again!
Howdy BrianHeli,
Just wondering how your new 8s set up went, I know you were waiting for the weather to clear up.

Also wondering, if there is a hotter 6s set up for the Stinger, mine fly fine with everything stock however, like most I want a bit more out of it. I know the air frame is not that clean, but there must be another set up to push it a bit more?
Thanks in advance,
Mike
Dec 27, 2013, 06:19 PM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by airboss/oc
Kevin I have a complete fan unit (nib) for stinger with the alum housing no motor, I see you are a bit east of me but if you want it let me know I can send you pay shipping.
Sent PM...Kevin
Dec 27, 2013, 06:27 PM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hossinarizona

Also wondering, if there is a hotter 6s set up for the Stinger, mine fly fine with everything stock however, like most I want a bit more out of it. I know the air frame is not that clean, but there must be another set up to push it a bit more?
Thanks in advance,
Mike
I'm going with a 1900kv motor on 6S...The stock fan will load the 1900kv motor a tad more than the 1700kv upgraded motor...If I can't get a stock rotor for a reasonable price then I'm going to go with the JetFan 90mm rotor---The JetFan rotor is more suited for the 1900kv motor than the stock fan, + the JetFan rotor puts out more thrust than the stock rotor but provides that "WHOOSH" sound that all of us desire!!!...

Kevin
Dec 27, 2013, 06:37 PM
Registered User
I just received my Stinger from Motion RC---WHAT A PLANE!!!...I purchased the kit version and all of the servo extensions are pre-installed as well as the landing gear!!!...EVERY control surface is pre-hinged with the rudder and ailerons being pocket hinged!!!...I'm impressed to say the least...Foamies have come a loooooooong way and this plane is exceptional...

Kevin
Dec 27, 2013, 06:39 PM
Registered User
Duplicate post...Sorry!!!
Dec 27, 2013, 06:42 PM
California Style
airboss/oc's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin Greene
I just received my Stinger from Motion RC---WHAT A PLANE!!!...I purchased the kit version and all of the servo extensions are pre-installed as well as the landing gear!!!...EVERY control surface is pre-hinged with the rudder and ailerons being pocket hinged!!!...I'm impressed to say the least...Foamies have come a loooooooong way and this plane is exceptional...

Kevin
sounds like a back-up plan , better get one
Dec 27, 2013, 07:10 PM
C.E.R.N. field tester
supercollider's Avatar
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin Greene
I just received my Stinger from Motion RC---WHAT A PLANE!!!...I purchased the kit version and all of the servo extensions are pre-installed as well as the landing gear!!!...EVERY control surface is pre-hinged with the rudder and ailerons being pocket hinged!!!...I'm impressed to say the least...Foamies have come a loooooooong way and this plane is exceptional...

Kevin
That's good to hear. Was it painted or bare?


Quick Reply
Message:

Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Discussion Freewing F18 90mm versus Exceed F18 90mm Suprsonic Foamy EDFs 0 Aug 26, 2013 09:34 PM
For Sale LPU: NIB Freewing Blue Stinger Jet Syner01 Aircraft - Electric - Jets (FS/W) 1 Feb 12, 2013 11:56 PM
Sold NIB Freewing Stinger 64mm Sport Jet. (Red) thndr1mj Aircraft - Electric - Jets (FS/W) 1 Nov 10, 2012 04:27 PM
For Sale LPU: NIB Freewing Blue Stinger Jet Syner01 Aircraft - Electric - Airplanes (FS/W) 3 Aug 09, 2012 11:30 AM
Discussion F18 starmax 90mm - stingers replica fighter jet jayjet18 Foamy EDFs 7 Mar 08, 2010 03:33 PM