Sep 30, 2013, 11:50 PM
Crash 'em if you got 'em
still awaiting US distribution.... Motion RC perhaps???
to remove ads between posts
Oct 01, 2013, 12:59 PM
Closed Account

News From MotionRC

Hey guys just got news from MotionRC, they will stock the Stinger 90mm, in about 30 days, product info in 2 weeks.....enjoy
Oct 01, 2013, 01:12 PM
Crash 'em if you got 'em
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sovrin View Post
Hey guys just got news from MotionRC, they will stock the Stinger 90mm, in about 30 days, product info in 2 weeks.....enjoy
Excellent News --
Oct 01, 2013, 04:05 PM
C.E.R.N. field tester
Thread OP
Quote:
Kit, ARF, PNP? All of the above? Price?
Oct 01, 2013, 05:47 PM
Closed Account
Dont know atm, product info in 2 weeks!
Oct 02, 2013, 11:08 AM
Quote:

thats great!
Oct 02, 2013, 11:31 AM
Quote:
nice, dont think they will have it in stock long!
Oct 03, 2013, 12:21 AM
Crash 'em if you got 'em
shhhh -- keep on qt
Oct 04, 2013, 07:08 AM
Have not seen the Stinger, but did see the new FW 12 blade fan/motor fly on 6S recently. It sounded as though the factory had dynamically balanced it to perfection! Amp draw peaks in the +100A range so good batteries are a must. Freewing is leading the way for foamies in quality and performance.
Oct 06, 2013, 12:02 PM
Wonder when HK will have it in stock
Oct 13, 2013, 08:12 AM
these companies don't really like to sell these in a kit form since they make more money selling them complete. lets say they sell the airframe for 200$ and the pnp cost 320$ most of the electronics are cheapo components so they may spend 25$ total at there cost on electronics for the plane.

I have been down this overpriced foamie road a dozen times, with the stingers, 90mm f18 and such. I found that just waiting for the airframe only to come out or to go on clearance works best for me. I picked up a freewing 90mm f18 kit from bh on clearance for 70$. I will never pay over 200$ for a foamie kit. when you can get a flyfly 90mm kit for around 150$ all day. or an easytiger models composite 90mm panther for 169$ these planes generally target the new or inexperienced builder/ buyer. back in the day to own a jet or plane that looked so flashy you generally had to really know your stuff as planes did not come put together like this. now I know guys who have these 500$ foamies who don't even know how to fiberglass foam or even program expo in there radios
Oct 13, 2013, 12:27 PM
Crash 'em if you got 'em
Waiting for clearances may work for some. But I need to scratch my itch, if you can afford it, then why the heck not. Sure I would rather get Kits vs ARF/PNPs -- but the market favors the up-sell.
Oct 13, 2013, 04:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by waytooslow View Post
Waiting for clearances may work for some. But I need to scratch my itch, if you can afford it, then why the heck not. Sure I would rather get Kits vs ARF/PNPs -- but the market favors the up-sell.
sure to each his own. but after scratching that itch a few times and getting burned most end up learning to resist it. the are the usual things that happen.

fans/esc are usually unbalanced esc's tend to fail
servos and or hinges fail
and most of all, retracts are usually junk and require a ton of modification to get them to work and not break every landing
also all the extra bells and whistles seem to fail or be to complex to get right

after you spend 500$ for the plane, then end up replacing another 200$ worth of stuff atleast you are into a foam jet that only goes about 110mph for 700$ where as i built my last composite jet from a 200$ airframe for a total of 500$ and she does 150mph and is a dream to fly. the hype of these jets is what attracts people to them
Oct 13, 2013, 06:36 PM
Gorilla Glue Expert
Quote:
Originally Posted by kremecheze View Post
................after you spend 500$ for the plane, then end up replacing another 200$ worth of stuff atleast you are into a foam jet that only goes about 110mph for 700$ where as i built my last composite jet from a 200$ airframe for a total of 500$ and she does 150mph and is a dream to fly. the hype of these jets is what attracts people to them
+1.

Kit, please. And waiting isn't at all difficult. There's lots of others to fly in the meantime.
Oct 15, 2013, 11:28 AM
It's out!

http://rc-castle.com/shop/product_in...oducts_id=3363

Quick Reply