Sep 19, 2013, 12:11 AM
Micro-Turbine Superhero
Quote:
Originally Posted by autoquip
I have many HK airframes and they are Very good value for money.
Good value for the money have nothing to do with the actual $ number. An airframe that won't fly are overpriced even if costing $1 BNF :-)

Also liveing in diffrent countries comes to count. At the full $550 which I think is reasonable the plane costs "37gal of gas". Your target of $350 equals 100gal of fuel at your place. To se it the other way my $550 equals 37gal of gas over here, 37gal at your place would be 37*$3.5= $129 would be the same price in your eyes as I se the $550.
Last edited by henke; Sep 19, 2013 at 02:43 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Sep 19, 2013, 02:55 AM
So what your saying is.Hk planes dont fly? Thats strange when all mine do!!Could it possably be something to do with the pilot,i wonder?
Last edited by autoquip; Sep 19, 2013 at 02:56 AM. Reason: add
Sep 19, 2013, 04:03 AM
"Fly Low, Fly Fast, Turn Left"
This one looks great!
Latest blog entry: Miss Foxy Lady eBuild
Sep 19, 2013, 05:02 AM
Family, Work, FPV!
You do realize that the Stinger HK sell is made by Freewing....
Sep 19, 2013, 05:24 AM
[QUOTE=Realms;26151065]You do realize that the Stinger HK sell is made by Freewing....[/QUOTe

Is that aimed at me? If so.yes i know the stinger is made by Freewing.its just a sweeping statement that Hk airframes dont fly. Im sure they would soon go out of business if they only sold non flying airframes.
Sep 19, 2013, 05:41 AM
Family, Work, FPV!
Probably wouldn't be a good busniness model.

In regards to the RRP of the new 90mm Stinger, it's pretty reasonable considering what you get in running gear. My Freewing Eurofighter cost me about the same when I bought the Kit, Inrunner, ESC and fan. The quality looks fantastic and sounds like the hinges etc are top notch. I'm sure people will be happy to pay for quality.
Sep 19, 2013, 06:53 AM
Micro-Turbine Superhero
Quote:
Originally Posted by autoquip
So what your saying is.Hk planes dont fly?
Haha breath in and out What I'm saying is that HK items are overrepresented in the crap account. Some are really good of course, as the Stinger 64, but there are alot of true junk such as the fiberglass jet planes which are a joke - still people defend them by the low $127 price. http://hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store...70mm_ARF_.html (I'm betting my cat that the Stinger are atleast 1lb lighter even with retracts mounted.)

This kind of foamies (Stinger 90) now days flies just as well as top of the line fiberglass kits, or even better. That's why I more like to se the $550 as a steal, comparing prices to a Schübeler Hawk or so.

You can always find something cheaper but I think it's important to preserve the engineers capable of good designs (that presuming the Stinger 90 flies as well or better then the Taft Viper)

I hope you are getting my point (then of course buying it from where the total are the cheapest)
Last edited by henke; Sep 19, 2013 at 08:14 AM.
Sep 20, 2013, 04:33 PM
Taildragger rc
Ok so this new stinger for 550.00..
A quality balanced 12 blade fan, a good usable ESC. Dont have to replace any servo's A+ WELL WORTH IT if this is all true IMHO..

Buy a Hobby King plane... 300.00..Wait 2 weeks to get it, get shipping damage, get no customer service, Crash due to failed stock esc, or buy 150-200.00 of parts to make it all work and replace stock parts...Oh and you gotta replace the "leaf blower sounding" 5 blade unbalanced rotor fan too. Almost the same price..
I think 550.00 is too cheap

If you cant afford a 550.00 dollar foamy consider stamp collecting...
Last edited by taildragger21; Sep 20, 2013 at 05:18 PM.
Sep 20, 2013, 04:43 PM
Gorilla Glue Expert
Quote:
Originally Posted by taildragger21
Ok so this new stinger for 550.00..
A quality balanced 12 blade fan, a good usable ESC. Dont have to replace any servo's A+ WELL WORTH IT if this is all true IMHO..

Buy a Hobby King plane... 300.00..Crash due to failed stock esc, or buy 150-200.00 of parts to make it all work and replace stock parts.... Almost the same price..
I think 550.00 is too cheap

If you cant afford a 550.00 dollar foamy consider stamp collecting...
What a load.

Yeah, we can all afford a $550 foamy; maybe forego a few other $100 ones to do it, but it's no stretch.

But where is it written that the electronics in this are ANY better than in a cheapo HK? And when did YOU ever pay $300 for a plane from HK?

Another load.

Tell you what. You buy all of these you can stand, since $550 for an unknown dovetails to your quality standards.

Meantime, I'll go work on my stamp collection. And continue flying my $100 kits, with my $30 ESC's and $50 worth of servos. And those $40 12 blade 90mm fans....almost forgot that.
Sep 20, 2013, 04:50 PM
+ One to that.
Sep 20, 2013, 05:22 PM
Taildragger rc
My time is too valuable to make a 100.00-300.00 foamy EDF work and spend more money doing so when I could spend it all up front and be done with it.. BEEN THERE DONE THAT..Kinda like "getting what you pay for".. I did bold my sentence stating "IF THIS IS ALL TRUE" No one has seen the plane in the flesh but who knows..I'm just saying that improved quality IF IN THIS CASE cost more money.. So many people in this hobby feel cheated when people have to make a dollar to keep the hobby innovative... I bet 10 years ago a foamy jet with this technology would have costs 1000.00
I will say that I paid a bit for my taft viper.. I have had 50+ flawless flights out of the box..
I bought 2 older free-wing planes . One crap king sells... The esc's smoked out of the box, then the gear quit. never a flight yet and I have 300.00 of soft breakable flimsy foam to look at.. 300.00 wasted...
Nothing is inexpensive in this hobby.... You always get what you pay for..Buy cheap junk buy twice....
But you know im one of those giant scale guys so i must blow my money all the time right?
Last edited by taildragger21; Sep 20, 2013 at 05:29 PM.
Sep 20, 2013, 05:36 PM
I'm interested, but not until some other guys put some flights in and can report on quality, performance, and value. I don't mind paying for quality as long as that's what I get. So far, that has been iffy.

Mickydee
Sep 20, 2013, 05:53 PM
Taildragger rc
Me too... I wasnt tying to argue.. This thing may be an overpriced heap of junk... Who knows but if the specs are on par it would be money well spent.. Im not biased either way...
Sep 20, 2013, 07:40 PM
"Aircraftus Fragmentum"
I am watching this one.... . How about an improved Eurofighter with EPO, carbon supports and this new Fan...KILLER (I Love the old one).
Sep 20, 2013, 07:53 PM
Gorilla Glue Expert
Rooting for kit version. Short of building, the option of being able to select components of your choice, as opposed to taking what is given, is still a satisfying pursuit.

Quick Reply