Sep 14, 2021, 03:49 PM
WBE
WBE
White Fang
Hereís the linkage Iím going for. The outside washer will be held on with epoxy because if I tried to solder it I would melt the existing solder joints and burn the wing with the iron.
to remove ads between posts
Sep 16, 2021, 12:44 AM
WBE
WBE
White Fang
Finished up mounting the aileron servo and hooking up the linkage. The mounting platform turned out to be the correct height but needed a little angle sanded in so it was lower at the rear. Side view shows it best.

More to come, Bill
Sep 20, 2021, 12:40 PM
WBE
WBE
White Fang
Not much to report lately. Trying to figure out a good location for the elevator servo. Doing a lot of head scratching. Created the problem myself by putting the aileron servo right in the center. Should have offset it to the left or right. Looks like there will be interference with the pushrods but I have an idea.
Sep 20, 2021, 01:35 PM
WBE
WBE
White Fang
While waiting for a flash of genius on servo installation I decided to make the nose cowl. Glued up a couple small blocks of wood to make a big block. It will be shaped and hollowed out then permanently glued when done.
Sep 20, 2021, 01:40 PM
WBE
WBE
White Fang
Itíll be sanded round with the rest of the fuselage.
Sep 20, 2021, 02:57 PM
WBE
WBE
White Fang
The solution was to flip the servo around and put it on the other side. The pushrod now runs down the side from end to end.
Sep 21, 2021, 12:19 AM
WBE
WBE
White Fang
The elevator horn was cut from a sheet of .065Ē linen-based phenolic.
Sep 21, 2021, 12:46 PM

Allied Hobbies Streaker

I read your comment about looking for a 1/2A Streaker that Allied Hobbies manufactured. I was an owner of allied Hobbies and designed the 1/2A Streaker back in 1975. I am seriously considering bring back the kit and presently working on the project. I will post information on the kit as I get closer to having it ready.

I have had several modelers contact me about the Streaker. Back in 1976 when in full production we sold several hundred kits. Many for racing and just fun flying. It was easy to build and a great flying model. Surprising enough, many were sold to slope glider pilots because it was so light and flew like a sail plane without the engine
Thanks for your interest.
Dick Russ
Sep 21, 2021, 01:04 PM
WBE
WBE
White Fang
Thank you for your comments Dick. As you can see there are many fans of your 1/2a Streaker design on this forum. What I’m attempting to do is create, as close as possible, a copy of your plane for my own enjoyment because I couldn’t afford one as a teenager in the 70’s. If and when you decide to reproduce Streakers again I will be a customer!

Bill Ervin
Sep 21, 2021, 09:07 PM
WBE
WBE
White Fang
I made a slot in the elevator for the horn and glued it in with CA then made a 1/64Ē ply patch and glued that on the other side to strengthen the area and spread out the forces. It felt solid when I gave it the stress test.
Sep 21, 2021, 10:36 PM
We need some like type emojis in here haha.
Sep 23, 2021, 09:20 PM
WBE
WBE
White Fang

Wrong side

Didn’t even realize it until the next day. I glued the horn on the wrong side. Was thinking it should be on the left side to keep it away from the oil/exhaust spray from the cylinder sticking out the right side. This route for the pushrod should work. May redo it with some kind of sheath. At least it’s out of the way of the aileron linkage.

Guess if I worry about oil spray I should fly electric. NOI53Y, hang on to those like emogis.
Sep 27, 2021, 02:23 PM
Greetings
This was a discussion that started years ago, then this year I renewed it by asking for an original Allied 1/2 A Streaker kit.
I bought my first issue of RCM in August 1976 and the Streaker was one of my favorites, now after nearly 50 I would like to have one.
If you do the kit again can you notify me?
Thanks Luciano
Sep 27, 2021, 07:51 PM
WBE
WBE
White Fang
Greetings Luciano, first of all thanks for creating interest in this design. Itís a good looking little racer. If I hear anything Iíll let you know but check back every once in a while. Iím sure Mr. Russ will make an announcement when heís ready to deliver kits.
Sep 27, 2021, 08:08 PM
WBE
WBE
White Fang
Mixed up a small batch of thin epoxy and squeegeed in a good coating on the inside of the bottom nose sheeting. Smeared more glue on the fuse and closed it up. Gonna do the bottom rear sheeting tonight if all goes as planned.

Quick Reply