AC10 Gyroplane (Made in China). - Page 4 - RC Groups
Nov 18, 2014, 09:55 PM
Very cool, looks like a nice upgrade from the Auto G, but more affordable than the AC10.
to remove ads between posts
Nov 19, 2014, 02:26 AM
Looks interesting......and the fuz looks larger that the "G". Could be a long time before we get to see it. nice lines.
Chris...
Nov 19, 2014, 03:23 AM
what goes up, must come down..
I read somewhere should be stocked in Hobbyking warehouses January? Aussie warehouse too?
Dec 20, 2014, 11:37 PM
I bought AC-10 Gyrocopter 1,120 to EPO (PNF) assembled and went flying, was suspicious of the rigid rotor without the normal rate of all Rotary wings of two propellers, gave no other he took off and began a turn to the left and as the speed grew more he rolled left until I had no more command and smashed on the floor was completely destroyed, this project should have the heartbeat of a semi rigid rotor well has the video of the income I'm pretty sure that girocoptero must have at least 5 degrees to the right to correct this tendency (I am a helicopter pilot and know well the theory of DISSYMMETRY of LIFT) would like to give a discount because hobbyking I'm going to buy another AC-10 Gyrocopter
Feb 03, 2015, 05:39 PM
It's all in the Blades!
This looks an expensive crash, not sure if it Pablos model.

Big bang R/C Universum gigantic RC Autogyro-Copter not the best landing Oooppsss (3 min 30 sec)
Feb 03, 2015, 05:50 PM
I fly, therefore, I crash!!!
Ouchy!!! Yes, I'm sure that was quite expensive. Downwind landing cause it??

SteveT.
Latest blog entry: My hangar...
Feb 03, 2015, 06:12 PM
the tail boom hit the grass
Feb 03, 2015, 10:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SafeLandings
This looks an expensive crash, not sure if it Pablos model.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FiSnh0-U4LM
Was Paolos he told me he had a sudden power loss at the end of his display and was unable to land into wind
I believe the model was repaired
Joe
Feb 04, 2015, 07:51 PM
Joe I tried to get the HK AC-10 airborne again this past weekend and it was about a repeat of the last try with devastating results. My buddy was at one end of the runway blowing air into the blades with his Fun Cub ,with the blades up to speed he released the AC-10 and it took the whole length of the runway (about a 100 yards) before it lifted off and I made a gentle left turn followed by a gentle right turn where upon it immediately tucked it's nose under and went straight in, it broke all the formers (nothing is glued just fitted together) and the fuselage, it will be a hard rebuild if I can do it at all, but worst of all it broke both blades I have tried every where to get replacements even wrote to the factory with no results or reply's . I have just about had it with this model. Don't know what my next move will be.
Kevin
Last edited by sepcter; Feb 04, 2015 at 08:02 PM. Reason: add photo
Feb 20, 2015, 01:45 PM

No fast landings here!

Maiden flight with standard setup in nil-wind conditions...enjoy!

AC 10 Autogyro Test Flight (3 min 8 sec)

Feb 20, 2015, 05:04 PM
looks pretty good to me......
Feb 20, 2015, 05:42 PM
I fly, therefore, I crash!!!
Very flippen nice!! And I even saw both left and right hand turns!! Great job!!! How was the take off??

SteveT.
Latest blog entry: My hangar...
Mar 23, 2015, 07:42 AM
Another successful AC-10 flight

AC-10 GYROCOPTER MAIDEN FLIGHT (3 min 43 sec)
Mar 23, 2015, 10:33 AM
Very Nice well done, I should have mine ready for this weekend after my last horrible crash couldn't find all the foam bits they blew away before I could recover them so lots of filler.
My AC-10 was red like the one in the video but with so much filler in the fuselage I have painted it white and cut out new decal trim will post a photo when finished.
My flying buddy Mike flew his this weekend he replaced the 3300mah battery with a 2200ma has the model is so heavy. (this is against strict factory instructions to use the 3300mah not for the extra capacity but for the weight needed). My hang angle with the 3300 was 30 degrees which is about twice what I usually use on my other gyros. Any how guess what it flew fine took off in half the distance usually required, so that's what I will try this weekend fingers crossed, by the way the 2200mah was 5oz lighter than the other battery.
Kevin
Mar 23, 2015, 12:52 PM
Hi Kevin (sepcter)

Am just finishing off an AC10 and like your friend would be keen to try a lighter battery to get the hang back to around 20 ish degrees . How much extra forward cyclic trim did your friend need to compensate for the more rearward cg ? Will also watch this post with interest to see how yours goes now in a similar set up

Thanks

Graham