May 02, 2017, 06:28 PM
Got the reply from Aliexpress about the replacement CF rotor blades; it is two blades....a pair.....as shown on the picture.
New question; I have a three blade rotor head from a gyro this same size........if I can easily swap heads for the stock two blade, will the stock AC-10 controls still work OK with three blades ?
to remove ads between posts
May 03, 2017, 01:01 AM
G'day Tim
Well you and I both may be out of luck mate...I have paid for it..about eight days ago....but for some reason it has not been sent yet. I also thought that it was a reasonable price at AUD $ 58.00.
Buy the time I could get those bits from various suppliers plus freight ..I'm sure it would come out a lot more.
Hi Jim
Iv'e seen footage on you tube of this model flying on three and four blade heads...although I don't think that any were very successful.
The AC-10 that I am flying although a little smaller than the H'king machine is set up for three blades...and that is a very good flying machine.
Chris...
May 04, 2017, 11:42 AM
OK, I ordered the blades from the part of AliExpress with the free shipping. Started checking other RC items and you can easily get lost like Banggood.
May 04, 2017, 11:54 PM
Finally Prerotor unit shipped from Ali not very Express.
Chris...
May 05, 2017, 11:38 PM
I found my 3-blade rotor head. Looks like an acceptable switch to give lower blade loading. I want to use the AC-10 mast and control elevon links. Unscrewed the single small screw on the stock 't' head and tried gently to pull it off the shaft.........didn't budge. Has anyone found the technique to remove the 'T' head.
May 07, 2017, 07:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Petro
I found my 3-blade rotor head. Looks like an acceptable switch to give lower blade loading. I want to use the AC-10 mast and control elevon links. Unscrewed the single small screw on the stock 't' head and tried gently to pull it off the shaft.........didn't budge. Has anyone found the technique to remove the 'T' head.
That's odd, once that head locking screw is off you should be able to pull the head right off. Try heat gun or hair dryer on the head and pull with cloth covered.
You may want to squirt some WD40 onto the shaft where it goes onto the head.
The clip below at 1:48 shows that nothing else held it in place except that little screw.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Uniq...3-36ada4379ae6
May 07, 2017, 09:01 PM
Now this is a strange one.
I ordered a prerotator assembly a few days ago for AUD $58.00 and it has been shipped.
I looked at the Aliexpress site again today and saw the same item for AUD $47.91 ...so I ordered another one (spare) but found it finally worked out to cost only AUD36.33 including free freight.....How the hell can that work out...So Tim may be ...you should give it a go ..and hit there discount buttons.
Chris...
May 10, 2017, 11:34 AM
The Tee head is off; put a couple drops of Marvel Oil on it and let it sit a couple days. Now to modify the tri-blade head to fit the shaft and the small hole with a steel pin. No hurry.....new blades are on a Chinese junk crossing the Pacific....if it doesn't get stuck in the floating plastic cess pools.