Sep 20, 2013, 07:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by britinoz
I have been looking for information on the structure of this model.....with out any luck.....and now I see you call it a "hybrid structure".....can you please clarify .
Does that mean a glass body or possibly a plastic or foam one ???
Thanks
Chris.............
sorry for late reply.i was in mid-autumn festival holiday.

hybrid structure---wood+EPO+aluminium alloy
to remove ads between posts
Sep 20, 2013, 08:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by randynsaudi
I agree at this price a prerotator is a must, after building a few autogyros from plans adding one is not that big of a deal. nice machine anyway.
I can understand ,because in the general autogyros are all have prerorator,and people has been used to it. Our Gyroplane is totally new design ,and have many unique features....but yes ,just like your said,this plane is a good plane , when you flying it,it will reverse all your concepts of gyroplane,then bring you wonderful flying feeling,i think this plane is good enough for you to have a try.
Sep 21, 2013, 03:08 AM
I think this will be around 650 sterling landed . Way to much money for a foamy/plastic. And then there's the spares issue. I would pay 200 sterling without motor, esc, and servo's, that would still be plus shipping and 20% VAT, But then look at the problems with the Caldius!!
Sep 21, 2013, 04:09 AM
I have to agree that tis model over priced.....It would cost approx.AU $800.0 + and it doesent matter how good this model is ....its just not worth it . I would be very interested but at less than half the price that it is being offered for. .And I should think that would be the thoughts of most.
And I have not been able to find an independent review of this model ...Only all the same factory pictures and specs....that's not good enough.
Chris.....
Sep 21, 2013, 06:31 PM
Looks fast.
Sep 21, 2013, 06:44 PM
The 1st Sofaman
Flying so fast does not interests me at all. Autogiros are supposed to fly slowly.....not like a jet. My question is: can this autogyro fly slow?
Sep 21, 2013, 07:16 PM
4.2V of pure Kraut power
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unique.Helen
when you flying it,it will reverse all your concepts of gyroplane
I hope not!

Ignore the advise at your own peril. I still believe no amount of marketing speak can change the laws of aerodynamics.
Sep 22, 2013, 04:06 AM
By the look of you description...I believe that all my models must be a "hybrid construction".as they all contain wood ,aluminium and foam .It does make it sound special, but at that price I am afraid it is out of my reach. I wish you good luck with your model.
Chris....
Sep 22, 2013, 05:34 AM
Sighhhhhhhhhh.[another let down]

Still waiting for a GOOD 'value for money' off the shelf 2 blade teetering head Gyro.

I agree with Sofaman NJ[Gyros should be about SLOW flight]

And still have 'good controlability'-right down to '0' airspeed[Just Like a Fullsize Gyro]

Looks like the Durafly one is the only off the shelf one to come close so far.

Back to our home made ones again[and highly modified off the shelf ones-HK C-30 etc]

M
Last edited by minirotor; Sep 23, 2013 at 04:43 AM.
Sep 23, 2013, 08:23 AM
4.2V of pure Kraut power
Quote:
Originally Posted by minirotor

Looks like the Durafly one is the only off the shelf one to come close so far.
Well, the Cooler:

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show....php?t=1224976

also flies fine with stock settings. Still it has a three blade head and is a std. puller configuration, that make things easier.
Dec 26, 2013, 05:06 AM
Bye Bye VP Aug 2010 - Aug 2012
Price seems to be coming down to affordable (to me) levels: http://www.banggood.com/UniqueRC-132...-p-908427.html

AC-10 Gyrocopter (1 min 37 sec)
Dec 26, 2013, 11:11 AM
The 1st Sofaman
Quote:
Originally Posted by bzfrank
Well, the Cooler:

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show....php?t=1224976

also flies fine with stock settings. Still it has a three blade head and is a std. puller configuration, that make things easier.
It still has the crap rotor plate on it. You may get a few flights on it, but that clear acetate plastic "hinge" material will break on you. Once the clear plastic turns white from bending up and down, it's only a matter of time before it breaks.

Just say'n.....
Dec 26, 2013, 02:16 PM
4.2V of pure Kraut power
Well, speaking of the Cooler, you are mistaken - the plates are quite durable, definitely not the cheap PVA plastic type (I think it is a Polyamide-based material alike Nylon from its surface feeling and toughness). In fact the whole head turned out extremely sturdy. I am still flying with the original configuration.
Last edited by bzfrank; Dec 26, 2013 at 02:24 PM.
Dec 26, 2013, 10:29 PM
The 1st Sofaman
I thought maybe to was the same as the Hobby King rotor head. Is it different?
Not that I really care.....lol.
Last edited by Sofaman NJ; Dec 27, 2013 at 04:09 PM.
Dec 27, 2013, 12:56 AM
Pre-rotate before Take-off
Quote:
Originally Posted by britinoz
I have to agree that tis model over priced.....It would cost approx.AU $800.0 + and it doesent matter how good this model is ....its just not worth it . I would be very interested but at less than half the price that it is being offered for. .And I should think that would be the thoughts of most.
And I have not been able to find an independent review of this model ...Only all the same factory pictures and specs....that's not good enough.
Chris.....
Very nice model but I still tend to agree with Chris that this model is heavily over priced, in my currency it amounts to 6,278.98 ZAR and this puts it well out of my reach as well.

Wollie