Aug 29, 2019, 06:07 AM
Chris.

Am sorry to learn of the unfortunate maiden. It’s not an easy one to see at a distance, quite small and a lot of red.

Hope it goes back together ok.

Graham
to remove ads between posts
Aug 29, 2019, 06:16 AM
Chris

Ps it might be worth a wheel collet on the noseleg to raise the nose up a bit as it does sit slightly nose down on the ground. May assist quicker lift off ?

Graham
Aug 29, 2019, 07:05 PM
Graham...I had one fitted as per your previous advise.
I'm afraid I was that reluctant to have this model screaming around the sky as I had seen in some other videos and so I took the slow way ...not the best way.
I'm pretty sure that if I had prerotored the head and giving a high throttle ...the model would have ROG in a very short distance and i would not be in the sad position that i am now.
BUT "it "happens.
I'm sorry to say that the frame to this model is very "sparse" with a few very light tubes joined with poor quality ply and screws from mini servos.I believe that the EPO foam outer shell adds greatly to the overall strength of this model but unfortunately when the EPO is stressed it just does not get back it's original shape. Designed from the outside.
But fortunately first and foremost I am a scratch builder....I 'll give it a damn good go.
Chris...
Aug 31, 2019, 10:47 AM
Chris , I am sure you have but have you tried the ‘ put the foam model which is bent in hot water’ method??

I have done with a couple and the foam has always expanded back to original shape ..

Steve
Aug 31, 2019, 05:49 PM
Steve....OK will try...hope it doesn't melt all the glue.
I can purchase a replacement fuz for this modeland be up and away with ease....but after seeing the very poor internal structure....no way.
Chris...
Sep 24, 2019, 10:55 PM
So moving on. I have resembled all (most ) of the bit's into a shape that resembles the a-10.
Unfortunately the prerotor shaft was bent and I have been unable to find one that fits.
It is a basis 450 hely 5mm main shaft with a captive end + an additional hole.
I will keep looking but can not run the prerotor as it chews up the cogs....so I have gone with a three blade head set up.
Not my original intention ...but I have been able to get it flying quite comfortably.
So after four test flights ,I'm now in the process of trying to make it look presentable.In the video ,it can be seen to be a mass of tape holding the foam in position.
I could never take it to the field in that condition on a regular basis.
So its now strip / stick / patch and paint.
It's a very poor video ...but I just wanted to show the ROG and landing. You will notice that I follow the model on the grass just to make sure that it does not get to far away at lift off and the the landing was OK ...and only went over because I forgot the the rudder was set at 20 mm to the left...and the wind that was blowing between 7 & 9 MPH did not help. It may look bright and sunny, but that was a very cold breeze coming in of the southern ocean
Chris...
Sep 24, 2019, 10:56 PM
Test flight of Three Blade AC-10 conversion (2 min 10 sec)
Sep 25, 2019, 06:07 AM
Never in doubt - great job as usual !!

Steve
Sep 25, 2019, 08:15 AM
Hi Chris

Great to see it in the air and the first time seen on 3 blades.. Seems to fly well ..Look forward to seeing it on 2 eventually.

The narrow uc track does give a nose over tendency especially in a wind.. Given the wind strength there it would have taken off on 2 blades without the prerotator.

Well done mate.

Graham.
Dec 09, 2019, 06:12 PM
I have a AC-10 and I’m in need of a spare main shaft. Does anyone know where I can get one.? Please post a link
Dec 10, 2019, 06:18 PM
The only place that I'm aware of carrying spares is ALIEXPRESS. Try your luck there.
Chris...
May 20, 2020, 01:25 AM
First day of flying after the lockdown ,so I decided to get some footage of this model flying after a full repair and paint job. I did not realize how overcast the had had become until I reviewed this video. Afraid the fingers were a little rusty and so the ROG was a bit of a joke.
I received this model with the motor moved rearwards in the fuz and now find myself adding weight to the front end. I flies very stable and cruises on half throttle.
Three Blade AC-10 (Arrow) autogyro after conversion from Two Blade. (5 min 23 sec)
May 22, 2020, 08:54 AM
Nice!
Jul 04, 2020, 04:02 PM
edi
edi
Triplane addict
I am not too happy with my AC10. When it is calm, I never succeeded in taking off grass, the heavy rotor does not spin up sufficiently fast. And when it is windy enough to spin up the rotor, she is a handful, gets carried away by the wind and I have difficulties getting her back i one peace. Could a diffent rotor help me here?
Jul 04, 2020, 04:05 PM
FPV'r
Quote:
Originally Posted by edi View Post
I am not too happy with my AC10. When it is calm, I never succeeded in taking off grass, the heavy rotor does not spin up sufficiently fast. And when it is windy enough to spin up the rotor, she is a handful, gets carried away by the wind and I have difficulties getting her back i one peace. Could a diffent rotor help me here?
Yes there is a 3 blade mod detailed here on rcgroups somewhere.
I have a new unflown here that I am afraid to fly as stock .

Quick Reply