Sep 06, 2015, 05:13 PM
ok I don't think the UMX range will give you a real feel of both... for starters..
to remove ads between posts
Sep 06, 2015, 08:38 PM
Alexander
Quote:
Originally Posted by pavlis
ok I don't think the UMX range will give you a real feel of both... for starters..

Agree to disagree... The 3D beast has been a blast and taught me some decent 3D, And not also just gonna go out their and buy a &500 dollar jet just to crash cuz I'm not ready or not like it... I wanna try a cheaper version and see if I actually enjoy it...
Sep 06, 2015, 11:41 PM
a real jet feeling at the best price possible would have been a HK L-59 with a heay 10s setup.. that's the closest I can think of. Ive been flying EDFs since day 1...
I bought a turbine jet before buying a composite EDF. I was so surprised when I flown my HK L-59 on the heavy setup. While I was expecting it to be easier it was the same feeling like the Turbine jet.

A foam jet will never give you the same feeling.. much much eaiser to fly and land. when you cut throttle on a composite jet you won't see instantaneous speed reduce like the foam. it's a complete different experience

my 2c, take it or leave it.
Mar 24, 2019, 09:53 AM
Just got an used Habu.......... but cannot get it to fly after take-off ................... appears to not have enough power, even with a better battery!!!
Mar 25, 2019, 06:10 AM
Way to much free time!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob6831
Just got an used Habu.......... but cannot get it to fly after take-off ................... appears to not have enough power, even with a better battery!!!
You may have found the reason it was let go.

It could very well be the rotor tracking/balance is poor. My Habu S arrived with a crazy loud rotor do to imbalance. I replaced it and smoothed the rotation so much that mine now loops from level flight easily at 50% throttle. And mine, at half throttle, cruises faster than a friend's Habu S at full throttle (his is stock), Well worth a few dollars to rework the rotor IMO!
Mar 25, 2019, 02:25 PM
Not quite sure what you mean by rotor tracking /balancing ?
Mar 25, 2019, 09:54 PM
BFMA #13, aka Rogue 13
rotor = fan blade

i think
Mar 26, 2019, 06:35 AM
Way to much free time!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob6831
Not quite sure what you mean by rotor tracking /balancing ?
You are familiar with balancing propellers, yes? Same thing applies to EDF rotor blades. More so because of much higher RPMs!

To check tracking of your rotor, look very closely at the hole in the very center (and front) of the blades. Advance throttle as little as possible, by clicking throttle-trim until motor first runs. Watch the shape of that hole on the rotor. If not tracking perfectly it will elongate and become oval shaped and no longer round. Advancing throttle a few clicks higher can make it worse and more obvious. To fix this try clocking the rotor on the motor shaft until the hole stays round at all throttle settings. If this does not do the trick then replace the rotor. I bought 3 of them from HH a few years ago to find a good one.

Good luck!

Quick Reply