Mar 07, 2015, 03:59 PM
Yin & Yang
Yes it is in DSMX mode but the servos are not moving correctly or at all on 2,3,4, & 6. Going to check the throttle in a second

EDIT: No joy on the throttle either. It turns the motor over but about a third up it drops back down to idle.

Right now I'm stumped without your help Jim.

I was going to try this on a 60 size plane before putting it in 35cc airframe. Guess not today
Last edited by Liberty10; Mar 07, 2015 at 04:07 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Mar 07, 2015, 10:13 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by keither1984
So your saying in order to get it to bind in dsmx mode hook up a rx and sat bind and then unhook the rx and leave the sat and it should be in dsmx mode.
Yes, that is all that is required. You can do the same thing with DSM/DSM2.
Mar 07, 2015, 10:15 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liberty10
Yes it is in DSMX mode but the servos are not moving correctly or at all on 2,3,4, & 6. Going to check the throttle in a second

EDIT: No joy on the throttle either. It turns the motor over but about a third up it drops back down to idle.

Right now I'm stumped without your help Jim.

I was going to try this on a 60 size plane before putting it in 35cc airframe. Guess not today
I am going to have to look at a DSMX setup to figure out what the issue is.
Mar 07, 2015, 11:14 PM
Yin & Yang
Jim,
I just rebound it direct with the x10 and the channels align and servo action is correct. I just don't want to use DSM2 anymore. Def appreciate your looking for a work around. I'll keep an eye out for the update
Mar 07, 2015, 11:46 PM
What I'm confused about is that I didn't know Spektrum had any kind of serial protocol like Futaba s.bus or JR XBus.
Mar 07, 2015, 11:53 PM
Thread OP
The satellite receivers output a serial protocol, originally to talk the main receiver.
Mar 08, 2015, 12:00 AM
One reason I have never moved to Spektrum is I just don't understand the whole satellite thing. I know that part of it is signal diversity, but I knew they weren't just passive antennas but actual electronic devices. I just don't understand why that couldn't be accomplished with a single device like every other radio manufacturer.
Mar 08, 2015, 11:58 AM
Thread OP
Satellites provide spacial diversity, just like multiple antennas do. We made a satellite receiver at the request of Graupner, but when range testing proved that the only thing they provided was redundancy in case the main receiver failed (which is highly unlikely), they were discontinued,
Mar 08, 2015, 12:56 PM
So is it also the case that if a Spektrum main RX fails that the satellite(s) can still allow the radio to function?
Mar 08, 2015, 11:40 PM
Thread OP
Their main Rx also drives the servos, so if it fails the servos stop working.
Mar 09, 2015, 01:16 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liberty10
Jim,
I just rebound it direct with the x10 and the channels align and servo action is correct. I just don't want to use DSM2 anymore. Def appreciate your looking for a work around. I'll keep an eye out for the update
What DSMX receiver and satellite receiver model number are you using that had the problem? I received a report from another DSMX user that had no problems with an AR8000 using a SPM9645 satellite receiver (after binding it first using the AR8000).
Mar 09, 2015, 02:05 PM
Yin & Yang
I'll have to check the sat model number but the RX was AR8000 that I bound it to. I'm pretty sure it's the one that came with the AR8000 though.

EDIT: I just looked the satelites up on the Spektrum web site and it has to be the AR9645 since it's the only one listed for DSMX. I know it looks exactly like this because I peeled some sticky gel tape off it last night.
Mar 09, 2015, 02:14 PM
Yin & Yang
I'm not sure how I could possibly been doing something wrong. It's not like there are multiple ways to bind the rx.
I'll go ahead and rebind it for the 4th time to the AR8000 this evening and see if it works again.
Mar 09, 2015, 02:51 PM
Banzai Institute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil_SC
One reason I have never moved to Spektrum is I just don't understand the whole satellite thing. I know that part of it is signal diversity, but I knew they weren't just passive antennas but actual electronic devices. I just don't understand why that couldn't be accomplished with a single device like every other radio manufacturer.
+1 on that.

I would be afraid to fly with just one receiver if they say 2 is better. Kinda hokey if you ask me.

Dean
Mar 09, 2015, 03:09 PM
Yin & Yang
Quote:
Originally Posted by buckaroo
+1 on that.

I would be afraid to fly with just one receiver if they say 2 is better. Kinda hokey if you ask me.

Dean
So your padding your post count here right? Certainly you didn't post that because you thought someone wanted to hear your..... opinion.

Quick Reply