X10+ Channel Expander - Page 5 - RC Groups
Sep 18, 2013, 02:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RICHARD3851
Can they be orderd without the headers like the Nano?
No. We don't have boards that are not fully assembled.
to remove ads between posts
Sep 18, 2013, 02:48 PM
V1.1 of the manual is available. There were quite a few more clarifications made, along with the default values for all of the features.
Sep 18, 2013, 05:38 PM
Jim, is the glider version going to be a X8G or an X10G channel expander? (G for glider version).
Sep 18, 2013, 06:41 PM
It will be called the X8+.
Sep 19, 2013, 08:53 PM
Fixed a typo pointed out by one of our customers (thanks). v1.2 is now available.
Sep 19, 2013, 09:44 PM
I am working the new Nano updater (original Nano and Nano II). I thought it might be a good idea to make a new firmware upgrade path for those that just need Nano receivers upgraded. Re-flashing the Nano is rather easy for us to do. Reflashing other products that use the XBEE RF module is time consuming because we have to re-flash that RF module with a special process that requires complete disassembling and sometimes desolder/resolding of the RF module, along with flashing our CPU. It's often times 15 minutes per piece to perform these firmware upgrades.

So, what I propose is a much lower cost firmware upgrade option for Nano receivers only. You would purchase the Nano-only firmware upgrade (plus shipping) from our online store, and then ship all of your Nanos (along with a copy of your firmware upgrade order) in one batch to be upgraded. Whether you send in one or 50 Nanos, the upgrade cost would be the same, but this is limited to personal units only - no groups!
Sep 19, 2013, 11:05 PM
So this is required for all XPS Nanos, or it this something a user can do with the XDP? And are you sure this is the right thread for this discussion?
Sep 19, 2013, 11:36 PM
Yes, this is the right thread to discuss the X10+'s requirements. The original Nanos will not work with the X10+ without a firmware upgrade. The mixed mode (serial/servo outputs) is a new mode for the new Nanos too. With tens of thousands of Nanos out there, there are a lot of people that are going to want their Nano firmware upgraded. Yes, the XDP can be used to do the upgrade, but by comparison to the number of XtremeLink systems I use, less than 1% of customers have one.
Last edited by JimDrew; Sep 19, 2013 at 11:45 PM.
Sep 20, 2013, 12:15 AM
EDF all the way!
Will we be able to do a firmware upgrade if we have a XDP?
Bob
Sep 20, 2013, 12:29 AM
CRS and CDS Certified
It sounds to me that if you have the XDP you will be able to do the upgrade yourself. For those that do not have the XDP, he is offering a special firmware upgrade just for the Nanos that need to be sent back to XPS. He is doing this for a price less than the firmware upgrade he has for everything he does now. Sounds like a deal for those 99% of the people who do not have the XDP. Unless I am missing something which could be the case as it is not hard for me to do.
Latest blog entry: Aegis Aircraft F-117
Sep 20, 2013, 12:29 AM
"Yes, the XDP can be used to do the upgrade".

The point I am making is that very few people (by comparison to the number of systems sold) have the XDP. It would be more economical for our customers to purchase a $14.95 upgrade than spending $39.95 or $59.00 for a XDP or Telemetry Station.
Sep 20, 2013, 01:10 AM
EDF all the way!
Have time frame to when the firmware available for download ?
Bob
Sep 20, 2013, 09:14 AM

Nano Flash with XPS telemetry station?

Not to belabor the point but can the XPS Telemetry Station also be used to upgrade the Nano's?
Sep 20, 2013, 10:13 AM
↓↘→ + (punch)
Quote:
Originally Posted by JHeuler
Not to belabor the point but can the XPS Telemetry Station also be used to upgrade the Nano's?
yup, telemetry station also functions as an XDP.
Sep 20, 2013, 10:14 AM
Yes, the Telemetry Station can also be used in place of the XDP.

No release date for the Nano update.