Sep 17, 2013, 09:01 AM
↓↘→ + (punch)
Does the failsafe in the X10+ kick on if the signal receiving line to the receiver is disconnected?...
to remove ads between posts
Sep 17, 2013, 09:27 AM
Xtreme Power Systems
Yes. The failsafe will always engage if the link to the receiver is interrupted.
Sep 17, 2013, 11:12 AM
Xtreme Power Systems
Had a nice morning at the flying field. A friend of mine has a 40%/170cc Sukoi that he just replaced the Nano/Smartfly setup with a Nano/X10+. All 11 channels on the X10+ are being used (even though his Futaba 9C only outputs 8 actual channels). He mapped the outer two channel ports for the ailerons to make wiring neat, used two sets of switched power leads soldered into the X10+. I hate switches, but I forgive him because at least he has two sets of switches/batteries. Range test was hundreds of feet even though the Nano is sitting just about center of the fuselage, with the engine in between the Nano and the transmitter. Just another uneventful day.
Sep 17, 2013, 11:57 AM
Stress Be Gone
Any idea when the manual for the X10 and programmer will be available?
Sep 17, 2013, 02:28 PM
Xtreme Power Systems
Shortly. I am having to be a bit more detailed for the SBUS and Spektrum stuff... remember, most of these folks have no experience with XPS products so I was going through the manual as if I didn't know anything about multi-channel failsafes and such and needed to be a bit more clear on certain issues.
Last edited by JimDrew; Sep 17, 2013 at 09:07 PM.
Sep 17, 2013, 04:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimDrew
Shortly. I am having to be a bit more detailed for the SBUS and Spektrum stuff... remember, most of these folks have no experience with XPS products so I was going through the manual as if I didn't know anything about multi-channel failsafes and such and needed to be a bit more clearer on certain issues.
Hi Jim, I was educated in the French and Dutch languages, so I am not very conversant in English, but for some unfathomable reason this ' more clearer ' bit tends to yank my chain. Have I misunderstood for all these years?
Sep 17, 2013, 08:48 PM
It is going to be 'More better"

Seriously though, writing a manual which is basically an expalanation of how the "thing" works is difficult. In another time I had to do stuff like that and my mentor used to say:

"Write it so that a 12 year old, who has no previous knowledge of the product, will be able to understand what you say"
Much easier said than done.
Sep 17, 2013, 09:07 PM
Xtreme Power Systems
Oops.. that was a typo on my part. It should read 'more clear'.

I discovered a bug today in the either the new code for the Nanos or the current X10+ code, I am not sure which is at fault yet. It has to do with using channels 13-16 - they don't appear at all, but 1-12 are fine. This is with a MPX EVO v3.46 firmware (16 channel mode). I will investigate and update everyone tomorrow.
Sep 17, 2013, 09:35 PM
Xtreme Power Systems
X10+ manual is now available.... http://www.xtremepowersystems.net/manuals.php
Sep 18, 2013, 10:38 AM
Xtreme Power Systems
Good news... there was no bug at all! The problem was that I had the EVO in fast response mode, which has a max of 12 channels. Once I turned that off, I was able to get ALL 16 channels by using the X10+ for channels 1-11 and the Nano for channels 12-16.
Sep 18, 2013, 11:12 AM
Do you expect to offer the X10+ with 90 degree headers or without the headers installed?
Sep 18, 2013, 12:51 PM
Xtreme Power Systems
No. The spacing between each of the output ports is .113". This allows for plenty of room for the fat JR servo plugs to be used without the "splaying" problem that occurs with standard .100" spacing headers. Nobody makes right angle connectors that are .113" spacing. So, there is no way for anyone to install a right angle header. I suppose you could use a single position right angle connector, but I am not sure if we can even get those.
Sep 18, 2013, 12:58 PM
Jim, Thanks for the X10+ manual. I have four questions:
1) What is the default for Input Mode?
2) What is the default for Failsafe Timeout?
3) What is the default for Failsafe Override?
4) On the Aux Port, I know the extra features will be enabled in future releases, but does the Aux port currently act as Channel #11, and is that channel number settable as part of the Set Channel Map function, or is non-functional at this time?

Thanks for your time.
Sep 18, 2013, 01:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimDrew
No. The spacing between each of the output ports is .113". This allows for plenty of room for the fat JR servo plugs to be used without the "splaying" problem that occurs with standard .100" spacing headers. Nobody makes right angle connectors that are .113" spacing. So, there is no way for anyone to install a right angle header. I suppose you could use a single position right angle connector, but I am not sure if we can even get those.
Can they be orderd without the headers like the Nano?
Sep 18, 2013, 01:47 PM
Xtreme Power Systems
Quote:
Originally Posted by Engineer Bill
Jim, Thanks for the X10+ manual. I have four questions:
1) What is the default for Input Mode?
2) What is the default for Failsafe Timeout?
3) What is the default for Failsafe Override?
The manual was just updated and put online, giving you these defaults.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Engineer Bill
4) On the Aux Port, I know the extra features will be enabled in future releases, but does the Aux port currently act as Channel #11, and is that channel number settable as part of the Set Channel Map function, or is non-functional at this time?
The AUX port is currently always the 11th output and it functions just like any other output, including all mapping features.