Sep 16, 2013, 03:17 PM
Xtreme Power Systems
Quote:
Originally Posted by thebluemax
So the new serial link would need to be purchased as well. what will those be going for when they become available?
Correct, you will need one if you want to modify all of the settings via a computer link. MOST of the settings can be changed using the push button programming/LED. So, the Serial Link is not required for doing things like channel mapping, failsafe mapping, etc.

The Serial Link will be $19.95, and will be available starting on the 17th. We got the labels in today, but we have to spend some time labeling them and heat shrinking them.
to remove ads between posts
Sep 16, 2013, 03:18 PM
Xtreme Power Systems
Quote:
Originally Posted by RICHARD3851
When using the X10+ with a Nano, can you also control servos plugged directly into the Nano?
Not currently. However, by tomorrow that could change. I am testing that code right now.
Sep 16, 2013, 03:22 PM
Xtreme Power Systems
Quote:
Originally Posted by Engineer Bill
Glad to hear the X10+ is available! Three questions:
1) The Tell-tale LED, can that be remotely mounted? I have a feeling when I mount the X10s in my plane they will not be visible fro the outside, and I'd like to mount the LED so it is easily visible from the outside so I can check the LED after every flight.
There is no way to remotely mount it. It just so happens that I could add this feature, so I did. It's not meant to replace the TattleTale, which can easily be remotely mounted.

Quote:
2) The Spektrum satellite 3.3v solder bridge, do we need to order that from you when we purchase the X10+s, or is that a "user" installed feature?
A "solder bridge" is something you do when you join two pads together - you make a bridge of solder across two connection points. So, this is something that you would do if you wanted to use a Spektrum Satellite receiver without needing the common 5v --> 3.3v converter cable.

Quote:
3) Where/when in your on-line store can I place my order? <VBG>
The X10+ is available NOW, but the Serial Link will not be available until sometime tomorrow, so some will want to wait before placing their order so they can have everything shipped together.
Sep 16, 2013, 03:27 PM
CRS and CDS Certified
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimDrew
Correct, you will need one if you want to modify all of the settings via a computer link. MOST of the settings can be changed using the push button programming/LED. So, the Serial Link is not required for doing things like channel mapping, failsafe mapping, etc.

The Serial Link will be $19.95, and will be available starting on the 17th. We got the labels in today, but we have to spend some time labeling them and heat shrinking them.

Got it. Thanks for your time as I know you are very busy.....
Sep 16, 2013, 03:31 PM
Xtreme Power Systems
Also, please note that the original Nano receiver will NOT work with the X10+ without a firmware upgrade. Only the NanoII receivers have the Xtreme mode available. I am working on the firmware upgrade right now for the original Nano. There will also be a firmware upgrade available for the Nano II to add the mixed mode (Xtreme on output 6 w/PWM channels 12-16 on the outputs 1-5)
Last edited by JimDrew; Sep 16, 2013 at 04:36 PM.
Sep 16, 2013, 04:26 PM
Did I get #1
Sep 16, 2013, 04:27 PM
Quote:
Glad to hear the X10+ is available! Three questions:
1) The Tell-tale LED, can that be remotely mounted? I have a feeling when I mount the X10s in my plane they will not be visible fro the outside, and I'd like to mount the LED so it is easily visible from the outside so I can check the LED after every flight.
2) The Spektrum satellite 3.3v solder bridge, do we need to order that from you when we purchase the X10+s, or is that a "user" installed feature?
3) Where/when in your on-line store can I place my order? <VBG>
I had a similar problem with an auto pilot's multi-colored LED, I just used a light pipe.
Sep 16, 2013, 04:34 PM
Xtreme Power Systems
Another note.... I am changing a few things in the manual, and that will be available for download when completed.
Sep 16, 2013, 04:35 PM
Xtreme Power Systems
Quote:
Originally Posted by skippy78
Did I get #1
Not even close...
Sep 16, 2013, 05:21 PM
EDF all the way!
My order is in. Just need the update for my Nano's
Bob
Sep 16, 2013, 06:48 PM
Xtreme Power Systems
For those of you who already have the Serial Link, the new updater is online. You can NOT use the auto-updater for the XDP.exe program. You must use the new installer. Unplug your XDP, Telemetry Station, and Serial Link before running the installer.

http://www.xtremepowersystems.net/xdp.php
Sep 16, 2013, 09:11 PM
PGR
PGR
Low AltiDude
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimDrew
If there are any other protocols or features that anyone would like to recommend, please speak up!
How 'bout the RFU feature?

Pete the Incorrigible
Sep 16, 2013, 09:18 PM
Xtreme Power Systems
The RFU is a completely separate product. As soon as the chips have been replaced and returned to me, we will have that product available as well.
Sep 16, 2013, 09:19 PM
Xtreme Power Systems
Serial Link is now available.

To put the X10+ into computer programming mode, you do the same thing as all other XPS receiver products - press and hold the button down while applying power (then release the button). So, you would plug the Serial Link into your USB cable, plug one end of a JR female to female cable into the Serial Link, and then press and hold the programming button while plugging the other end of the JR female to female cable into the X10+'s serial interface. The Serial Link powers the X10+, so you don't need to power the X10+ separately. Run the XDP.exe program and you will now be able to adjust all of the settings just like you can with any of our receivers.
Last edited by JimDrew; Sep 16, 2013 at 09:25 PM.
Sep 16, 2013, 09:20 PM
Xtreme Power Systems
I got the new Nano and Nano II firmware update working that adds Xtreme mode to the original Nano, and also adds a 'mixed mode' (servo outputs on ports 1-5, and Xtreme on port 6) to both original and new Nanos. This would give you the ability to have 16 total channels between the X10+ and Nano. It will be a couple of days before I release it though as I want to run the changes through the normal testing procedures.
Last edited by JimDrew; Sep 16, 2013 at 09:25 PM.