Jul 14, 2019, 03:13 PM
Thread OP
So, it works now?
to remove ads between posts
Jul 15, 2019, 05:00 PM
If it has wings it will fly...
Hi Jim, yes all work fine. Just missed that bit (annoyingly ) but thankfully didn't cause any hickups
Jul 15, 2019, 11:03 PM
Thread OP
Great, that's good news!
Jul 20, 2019, 07:39 AM
Will

Slow Flashing LED

Thought I'd post up a recent experience that might help others with the X10+ V2.

After a few flights the other day, I put a fresh battery into my Edge and hooked everything up for another flight. The board LED began flashing green about once per second. It has two XPS RFU receivers in it -- both had a red LED lit up on them instead of the normal green color. The control surfaces were working, but a slow blinking light? Hmm, never seen this before. Tried unplugging the power lead and plugging it back in, but the LED would just go back into the slow flashing. Did this half a dozen times, but every time the LED would be solid for a second or two then start flashing again. Decided to put the plane away until I could figure it out.

When I got home I looked through the forum and saw this was indicating the receivers had rebooted after connecting them. So I emailed Jim about it, wondering if maybe the X10+ needed to be re-flashed. He said since both receivers had red LED's and the X10+ was flashing like this, it likely means the power to the X10+ is getting interrupted and I should check the power leads to it. So I checked continuity on the leads and found the positive wire had problems when I moved it. So I removed them, re-soldered new wires on and reconnected everything. All looks good now -- receiver LEDs are green and the X10+ stays solid green now. Man, am I glad I didn't fly it like that!

So a word to the wise: if the LED on the X10+ isn't solid and green, it's a good idea to troubleshoot and fix it before taking off.

Thanks Jim!
Jul 20, 2019, 07:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyerWill
Thought I'd post up a recent experience that might help others with the X10+ V2.

After a few flights the other day, I put a fresh battery into my Edge and hooked everything up for another flight. The board LED began flashing green about once per second. It has two XPS RFU receivers in it -- both had a red LED lit up on them instead of the normal green color. The control surfaces were working, but a slow blinking light? Hmm, never seen this before. Tried unplugging the power lead and plugging it back in, but the LED would just go back into the slow flashing. Did this half a dozen times, but every time the LED would be solid for a second or two then start flashing again. Decided to put the plane away until I could figure it out.

When I got home I looked through the forum and saw this was indicating the receivers had rebooted after connecting them. So I emailed Jim about it, wondering if maybe the X10+ needed to be re-flashed. He said since both receivers had red LED's and the X10+ was flashing like this, it likely means the power to the X10+ is getting interrupted and I should check the power leads to it. So I checked continuity on the leads and found the positive wire had problems when I moved it. So I removed them, re-soldered new wires on and reconnected everything. All looks good now -- receiver LEDs are green and the X10+ stays solid green now. Man, am I glad I didn't fly it like that!

So a word to the wise: if the LED on the X10+ isn't solid and green, it's a good idea to troubleshoot and fix it before taking off.

Thanks Jim!
Wise choice and thanks for the heads up.....
Nov 12, 2019, 07:36 AM
Don't make much sense what i wrote. Will try again
Last edited by ckleanth; Nov 12, 2019 at 08:53 PM.
Nov 12, 2019, 08:56 PM
Hi Jim,

I sold a model I had my x10+ installed in and now I have transplantated the x10+ into a 40cc EF extra 78".

Before I was powering the x10+ with a single battery but because i want to keep added weight to the bare minimum I want to use a Castle Creations bec pro instead. the output of the bec uses two independent pair of wires connected into two JR servo plugs

I know the input voltage into the x10 is fed through the x10 heavy duty wires to the servo. However would it be ok to connect the output of the bec (the two JR servo plugs) to the servo bus side of the x10+ ( and insulate/ heat shrink the battery plug on the x10 for safety)

Basically can i power the x10+ from the servo common bus? would it still work as intended?
Nov 12, 2019, 10:31 PM
Thread OP
Yes, it will work but I would NEVER trust any type of BEC in any of my models.

Your airplane is going to be pulling 2-3 times the current that the BEC can provide, especially if using more than a 2S LiPo as the power source for the Castle BEC. The higher the input voltage, the lower the current output. A 78" plane is huge - plenty big enough to use dual 1100mAh LiFe batteries.
Last edited by JimDrew; Nov 12, 2019 at 10:42 PM.
Yesterday, 08:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimDrew
Yes, it will work but I would NEVER trust any type of BEC in any of my models.

Your airplane is going to be pulling 2-3 times the current that the BEC can provide, especially if using more than a 2S LiPo as the power source for the Castle BEC. The higher the input voltage, the lower the current output. A 78" plane is huge - plenty big enough to use dual 1100mAh LiFe batteries.
yes I know, the model uses two 6s in parallel so the cc bec is rated to 13A constant. i will try it and see if the X10 see any low voltage issues and if it does I'm plugging back a battery

thanks
Yesterday, 12:31 PM
Thread OP
OK, fair enough!

Quick Reply