Mar 27, 2018, 06:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimDrew
Well, if it works then that is good news. You would know right away if there was a problem because the servo output would be really "jerky". If the servo output is smooth, then should be fine.
No problems with the Savox servos that I was using, they seemed fine and moved as smoothly as when driven direct from a receiver or a servo tester. I never tried it with the micro receivers (XM+?) though.
to remove ads between posts
Mar 27, 2018, 06:43 PM
If it has wings it will fly...
i have no concerns using sbut output from frky x8r, xm+ etc. I would have concern and I would test an L9R with any other type rx apart from the same L9R receiver mainly because the L9R output only 12ch...
Mar 27, 2018, 08:10 PM
It could be that it will work fine. I have never tried any of the FrSky receivers, but I have tested Futaba receivers and have seen the problem first hand. As long as the packets arrive from each receiver within 1 ms of each other, then there would not be an issue. That is a pretty wide window. Some Futaba receivers delay the output by several milliseconds and that is problem when used with receivers that have no delay.
Mar 28, 2018, 01:20 AM

Canít get into programming mode

Hi

I received my unit yesterday and am trying to set it up. I canít seem to get it into programming mode. When I apply power the red led flashes and no matter how many times or how long I press the programming button nothing happens.

The receiver is bound and receiving power from the x10. I am using the main input lugs if that makes any difference.

Thanks!
Mar 28, 2018, 01:59 AM
Try putting a drop of isopropyl alcohol on top of the switch and then pressing the button down (and releasing it) several times. Try then to see if it goes into programming mode.
Mar 28, 2018, 03:56 AM
I am trying to sell on an unused X10 and the interested party has a question. Is there a way to program the X10 apart from the flashing LED? The problem is he is colour blind to the colours green and red. To him they are just the same.
Mar 28, 2018, 11:07 AM

Button fixed

The alcohol on the button worked and itís working flawlessly!

Thank you!
Mar 28, 2018, 12:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigTradioman
I am trying to sell on an unused X10 and the interested party has a question. Is there a way to program the X10 apart from the flashing LED? The problem is he is colour blind to the colours green and red. To him they are just the same.
The input mode has to be programmed with the button presses and LED colors. However, that could be just counted if he can see a change in color for each color. I am color blind (in one eye) and I can just count the color steps.

The rest of the features can be programmed using our Serial Link with XDP software. It's just the input mode that can't be programmed using the Serial Link/XDP.
Apr 03, 2018, 02:54 PM
HellBentPuppet
Little help with failsafe:

Ive tried disabling override and use the Rx (dragon link running Sbus set to normal FS) no function still holds last position.

Tried live action failsafe as well to set positions and it would not enter the 7 seconds period allowed to set stick position no matter how long I held down program button.

Help
Apr 03, 2018, 06:26 PM
HellBentPuppet
Quote:
Originally Posted by pullup!
Little help with failsafe:

Ive tried disabling override and use the Rx (dragon link running Sbus set to normal FS) no function still holds last position.

Tried live action failsafe as well to set positions and it would not enter the 7 seconds period allowed to set stick position no matter how long I held down program button.

Help
never mind
Apr 03, 2018, 07:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pullup!
never mind
Rather than saying “never mind”, if you discovered what you were doing wrong , why not post it so that others can benefit ??
Apr 09, 2018, 03:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimDrew
The input mode has to be programmed with the button presses and LED colors. However, that could be just counted if he can see a change in color for each color. I am color blind (in one eye) and I can just count the color steps.

The rest of the features can be programmed using our Serial Link with XDP software. It's just the input mode that can't be programmed using the Serial Link/XDP.

Unfortunately he couldnít see a definite change in any colours especially between yellow and green in fact I struggle as well with that spectrum. So back in the spares box it goes. Anyone in the UK looking for an spare board?
Apr 09, 2018, 08:50 PM
You can count the button presses even without seeing an LED. I tried it as an experiment and once the the unit was on I could enter programming mode and change the input mode without ever looking at the LED.

Quick Reply