X10+ Channel Expander - Page 107 - RC Groups
Nov 07, 2017, 08:57 PM
Juan, I am actually doing three aircraft, one is a Quique Mamba, a Hangar 9 beast and a PAU 33% Ultimate. It is not the complexity that is needed, our field is plagued with 2.4 ghz interference. At one end of our field is a 300 and 500 unit apartment complex. We get a lot of RSSI low alarms along with the occasional flight control surface interruption/glitch. When I started using the X10+ and dual SBUS receivers with antennas in opposing orientation the frequency of this grealy dropped. My guess is a large number of WiFi routers in close proximity to us. Although I have never lost control when you are talking about $3-$4K of investment it becomes prudent to use whatever you have to solidify the link. I will say Futaba and FRSKY seem to be better than Spektrum and Hitec. Now that Jeti and FRSKY are offering a 900 MHZ backup solution it just seems like it is worth giving it a try. When using SBUS you actually reduce the complexity. In a very uncontrolled test on the work bench and just watching the servos movement you do not see any difference in servo movement when you force a Switch between 2.4 and 900, I am sure there will be some measurable differences as well as some change in latency but nothing you will notice in normal flight. If I were using one of the X24's, they already have provision for 4 SBUS receivers, maybe one day Jim will add that capability to the X10. I could loose one more output for an additional input.
to remove ads between posts
Nov 08, 2017, 04:18 PM
The only reason you would use more than one X10+ board is if you were out of channels. You are not going to gain anything by using two of them, and then trying to Y-cable 2 receivers to each of the X10+ board. You can't use 3 receivers at all, unless you had one receiver on one X10+ and two on the other. All receivers have to be the same model number as well. You can never y-cable two receivers together. You could use a Y-cable to use two X10+ boards with two receivers, but again that would only benefit you if you were out of channels. It is not going to improve RF redundancy.

In your case with these bigger planes, you would be much better off with the X24. You can use multiple receivers (up to 4), drive your gas engine ignition box directly, and other features.