X10+ Channel Expander - Page 107 - RC Groups
Nov 07, 2017, 07:57 PM
Juan, I am actually doing three aircraft, one is a Quique Mamba, a Hangar 9 beast and a PAU 33% Ultimate. It is not the complexity that is needed, our field is plagued with 2.4 ghz interference. At one end of our field is a 300 and 500 unit apartment complex. We get a lot of RSSI low alarms along with the occasional flight control surface interruption/glitch. When I started using the X10+ and dual SBUS receivers with antennas in opposing orientation the frequency of this grealy dropped. My guess is a large number of WiFi routers in close proximity to us. Although I have never lost control when you are talking about $3-$4K of investment it becomes prudent to use whatever you have to solidify the link. I will say Futaba and FRSKY seem to be better than Spektrum and Hitec. Now that Jeti and FRSKY are offering a 900 MHZ backup solution it just seems like it is worth giving it a try. When using SBUS you actually reduce the complexity. In a very uncontrolled test on the work bench and just watching the servos movement you do not see any difference in servo movement when you force a Switch between 2.4 and 900, I am sure there will be some measurable differences as well as some change in latency but nothing you will notice in normal flight. If I were using one of the X24's, they already have provision for 4 SBUS receivers, maybe one day Jim will add that capability to the X10. I could loose one more output for an additional input.
to remove ads between posts
Nov 08, 2017, 03:18 PM
The only reason you would use more than one X10+ board is if you were out of channels. You are not going to gain anything by using two of them, and then trying to Y-cable 2 receivers to each of the X10+ board. You can't use 3 receivers at all, unless you had one receiver on one X10+ and two on the other. All receivers have to be the same model number as well. You can never y-cable two receivers together. You could use a Y-cable to use two X10+ boards with two receivers, but again that would only benefit you if you were out of channels. It is not going to improve RF redundancy.

In your case with these bigger planes, you would be much better off with the X24. You can use multiple receivers (up to 4), drive your gas engine ignition box directly, and other features.
Jan 22, 2018, 04:22 PM

X10+ not working

Hi Jim,

I have a couple of your X10+ boards and one of them will not show a green light. It only shows flashing red no matter what I do. thought I would reset it, but the yellow light won't stay on. it fades to solid red. The receiver works fine and will even operate servos plugged into it while it is plugged into the x10+.

I've updated the XDP and it doesn't recognize anything. It doesn't see the transmitter module or receivers. serial link doesn't make it do anything. When the seeriallink is hooked up it has both a red led and a blue one lit up.

I am using a JR XP9303 to control it.

Any suggestions as to what I should do next?

Regards,

Dennis
Jan 22, 2018, 08:59 PM
If the receiver will move servos then it is not programmed for use with the X10+! You need to set the reciever to output the Xtreme protocol. Please see the video-how-to thread for information on setting up the Nano with the X10+.
Jan 23, 2018, 05:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimDrew
If the receiver will move servos then it is not programmed for use with the X10+! You need to set the reciever to output the Xtreme protocol. Please see the video-how-to thread for information on setting up the Nano with the X10+.
Jim ,

The video that you refer to does not show how program the receiver to use with the X10.....
It would be great if you could update the video. Seems as though many are having issues so it may be worth the effort.
Jan 23, 2018, 11:43 AM
https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...56&postcount=3

"To put the NanoII, Nano3, or original Nano (v1.9 or later firmware required) receiver into Xtreme output mode for use with the X10+, bind the Nano just like you normally would - but, when the LED turns off DO NOT disconnect the power yet. Pulling the power with the LED off leaves it in normal PWM (servo output) mode. Take the binding plug and put it on the binding port for at least one second and then remove it. The LED will turn on solid red. This sets the output mode to PPM. Now, put the binding plug back on the binding port again, wait at least one second and then remove it. The LED will now be flashing red. This means the receiver is in Xtreme output mode. Now, remove the power from the receiver."
Jan 23, 2018, 04:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimDrew
Thanks Jim.

Believe it or not, I figured that out all by myself by reading over both the receiver manual and the X10+ manual.

I had rebound the Rx and forgot to set it to Extreme mode. Its working as it should now.

Thanks again for the help.

Regards,

Dennis
Last edited by Dennis 9412; Jan 23, 2018 at 04:28 PM.
Jan 23, 2018, 04:26 PM
If you have the time Jim, could you please do a video on programming the X10+ with the serial link and the XDP.

I have tried to do this and cannot seem to get it to work.

Must be my dull retiree brain refusing to function!! (again)

Regards,

Dennis
Jan 23, 2018, 11:09 PM
Plug in your Serial Link to your USB port. Start the XDP software (or updater). Plug one end of a JR female to female cable into the Serial Link, noting the polarity. Now, press and HOLD the programming button on the X10+ *while* plugging the other end of the female to female cable into the X10+'s main input port, also noting the polarity. At this point the LED will be yellow, and you can then release the programming button. If the LED is not yellow then you did not hold the button down while applying the connector to the X10+ or the polarity was wrong. Once the LED is yellow you can then use the XDP or updater software.
Jan 24, 2018, 10:55 AM
I cannot get the updater to see the serial Link.

All I get from the updater is "Serial Link, XDP or Telemetry Station not found."

When the Serial link is plugged in there is a bright red LED on and a very dim green LED.

When I try to put the X10+ into programming mode, I get a dim blue LED for about a second, then a bright Yellow for about a second then it goes out.

If I run the XDP with the Serial link plugged in it says "XDP/Telemetry Station hardware not found"

What the hell am I doing wrong?
Jan 24, 2018, 12:22 PM
You are not putting the X10+ into programming mode. If you hold down the programming button while applying power, the LED will come on yellow and stay yellow. NOTHING will work until the LED is yellow.
Jan 24, 2018, 01:34 PM
Sorry Jim, but the yellow light will NOT come on.

I get a blue light for a tenth of a second then it turns yellow for another tenth then turns solid red.

I think this X10+ is defective. I will send it back to you for testing.

I have 2 X10+ boards. The other one works fine.

Please see the attached video

Well it won't let me load videos here
Jan 24, 2018, 03:44 PM
Jim'

I tried to send the video to you using your tech support email address, but it got kicked back to me because your mailbox is full.

Can you please clear your mailbox so I can try again?

Thank you,

Regards,

Dennis
Jan 24, 2018, 07:11 PM

Video links

OK Jim,

I've loaded my two videos onto you tube to show you what its doing (or not doing)

Here's the links:

MOV00433 (0 min 35 sec)

MOV00436 (0 min 41 sec)

Hopefully you'll understand what I'm seeing now.

Regards,

Dennis
Jan 25, 2018, 12:32 AM
That's interesting. Send it to us and we will repair it. We no longer have the X10+ boards. The new version (X10+ v2) will be available shortly.

All of our mailboxes are always empty (they are auto-pulled every minute), so I am not sure why you would have an issue.

Quick Reply