Feb 14, 2004, 06:23 PM
Thread OP

Does the quality the Aiptek 1.3 SD picture change with SD card?

My pics are grainy that are stored on the camera in H mode. Really grainy. Does the quality improve with an SD card? The 3x5 picture that comes on the box is flawless compared to this.
to remove ads between posts
Feb 14, 2004, 06:29 PM
Thread OP
pic
Feb 14, 2004, 06:33 PM
I don't believe there is any difference in picture quality. I think they store faster on the SD so you can shoot faster.

Grainy is either not enough light or manual focus adjustment is needed (or both).

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...us#post1272817
Feb 14, 2004, 06:34 PM
Hmm, dunno about short range problems. We usually worry about infinity outdoors. Looks like it wants more light.
Feb 14, 2004, 06:59 PM
Am I registered?
My guess is that it needs more light. Try it outside on a bright day and see if it's better.

Randy
Feb 14, 2004, 08:43 PM

Re: Does the quality the Aiptek 1.3 SD picture change with SD card?

Quote:
Originally posted by almies
My pics are grainy that are stored on the camera in H mode. Really grainy. Does the quality improve with an SD card? The 3x5 picture that comes on the box is flawless compared to this.
I don't know what size your looking at the pics but at 1.3mp over 5X7 the picture will be grainy. The SD card will not fix this issue at all. I assume you got this for AP and if so this camera requires light, lots of light. I just got mine Friday and here is a picture I took it outside of my house. My SS isn't ready yet, shucks!
Last edited by davelab; Feb 15, 2004 at 10:02 AM.
Feb 15, 2004, 01:35 AM
Image quality at low light levels leaves a lot to be deisred. FYI, typical CMOS type sensors are equivalent to 100 ISO film in speed . CCD are a bt better having a speed equivalent to 400-800.

When light levels drop, the signal to noise ratio increases and any digital adjustment to the EV will accentuate this limitation.

The other limitation is the hyperfocal distance. This it the depth of field and since the EV is set by the exposure duration, depth of field is constant. A fixed apeture lens of normal magnification and medium speed (F 3:0)such as the SD has is better suited for senic shots. For a portrait use, a shorter depth of field and moderate telephoto would yield better results with the background in far off-focus.

Use of the SD for senic shots is fine as evidenced by the beautiful mountain image.
Feb 15, 2004, 02:29 AM
Thread OP
Wow, very nice picture. I will try it with more light. I haven't tried it outside yet
Feb 15, 2004, 10:21 AM
I tried what you did taking a picture indoors with no flash. Same results as you which is what I would expect. One other point that is important is get the focus ring set to make it as clear as possible. I noticed when I took it your better leaving on infinity and try it. I bought this camera because I'm new to AP and RC planes but I do love digital photography. If you look at some of the veteran's from the AP thread you will see they are getting quite the pictures. I'm sure I won't stand for the low resolution long as I shoot with a 5mp Minolta that prints great at 11X17.
Best Regards
Dave

Quick Reply