guillows mini models conversion?? - RC Groups
Sep 11, 2013, 03:08 PM
Team Heads up RC
Idea

guillows mini models conversion??

i saw these little planes today and i think they would be a good rc conversion with a ar6400 or a mini vapor brick. what do you guys think?

http://www.guillow.com/4500-minimodels.aspx
to remove ads between posts
Sep 11, 2013, 03:15 PM
Or current resident
Reminds me of the DC series of models I build as a kid. They actually flew pretty good!
Here's an example.
Glenn
Sep 11, 2013, 03:15 PM
They are too small for r/c conversion with ar6400,would work with actuator set-up like Plantraco or MicroInvent!
Sep 11, 2013, 03:22 PM
Team Heads up RC
if you took a mini vapor brick and a 7-8mm motor direct drive you could have a pylon racer. i think it would work.(i might try it if i can find one to buy.)
Sep 11, 2013, 09:16 PM
I think they'd work fine with a direct drive motor and a Vapour brick, I challenged my friend to electrify and make rc the Guillows Jetstream which is similar to the old Sleek Streak, all balsa, slot together rubber models. A couple of days later he sent me a short video and we've both since flown it, it flies surprisingly well and slows down well too. The servos for the control surfaces (R/E only) can be seen right back near the tail to simplify the control linkages and to get the c of g correct. I'm afraid that I can't tell you many details such as the weight but I'm pretty sure that a standard Vapour brick and two 1.4g servos were used.

Go for it, I think you'd be pleasantly surprised!
Sep 11, 2013, 10:47 PM
Team Heads up RC
cool,when they are avalible i might have to try it.
Sep 15, 2013, 11:40 AM
-=BS=-
These are cool as is.
mVapor guts conversion would be even awesomer
Sep 15, 2013, 12:47 PM
Team Heads up RC
yeah thats what i thought. It are a neat looking plane.
Sep 16, 2013, 12:01 AM
I think these would be great with any of the smaller AR series receivers. I have also been looking at these models and the pricing should be really good.
Sep 17, 2013, 04:57 PM
All you'll ever need to know about Guillow's conversions

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=827861

For these particular models take a look at DelTang's DSM2 receivers and some actuators for keeping weight way low.

Ben
Latest blog entry: DPS-600PB Dual Build