This thread is privately moderated by Bud Morrison, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Apr 01, 2006, 09:19 AM

Here`s my Lil Bug

MY BUG
I got this kit from Ebay and added a touch to it.Still on the bench .Was going flying today but not taking this one yet.
to remove ads between posts
Apr 01, 2006, 08:32 PM
Here's my latest 1/2a effort. It's an Ace Simple T-6, with Felix at the controls. Power is a Norvel .061 bigmig, and control is A/E/T. Now that the weather has improved, I'm hoping to maiden it soon.
Apr 01, 2006, 08:45 PM
Looks nice Matt. Let us know how it flies.
Apr 03, 2006, 08:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wyatt
MY BUG
I got this kit from Ebay and added a touch to it.Still on the bench .Was going flying today but not taking this one yet.
Well took it out and WOW they Fly great.
Apr 03, 2006, 10:35 PM
Here is a couple of my racers
Apr 19, 2006, 01:32 PM
powered 15 engines.
Apr 21, 2006, 10:46 AM
Well, I'm happy to report that the T-6 depicted in post #122 had a VERY successful maiden flight last night. The little Norvel was singing a sweet tune, and I let her go into a slight wind, a gentle zephyr if you will, and she dropped a little, then proceeded to pick up altitude and airspeed nicely. Surprisingly, no trim was needed. The plane is very stable, yet responsive enough on the recommended throws as to be entertaining. I was pleasantly surprised how much speed this plane can muster at WOT considering that big cowl and the fact that I was using a 5x3 rubber ducky prop. The plane looks a little different now, with a yellow, slightly color-mismatched and weathered cowling(I found out the hard way that the black paint I used didn't like 25% nitro ). Anyhow, just thought I'd finish off the story...
Apr 21, 2006, 01:35 PM
Good to hear it flies well. Try Tremclad/Rustoleum and let it cure for a week.
Apr 21, 2006, 02:14 PM
Try water base and top coat it with a spray clear.I use UPOL clear coat.I get it my auto paint store.It don`t take mush.
I`m working on mine.Took it out and broke it.Repairing now.I also built a brushless bird with a 3700 rpm motor.Wants to leave your hands.But I will always have alittle .049 around.
Apr 21, 2006, 07:50 PM
I posted a pic. of my new rebuilt bug.Got rid of the tailstaff that came with the little kit.Drop it to the bottom of the fuse.I used a arrow.Don`t laugh....Had to repair the wing(was broke inhalf)Happens when you do a nose dive wide open.Covered it again .Just cut and ironed it on.(no rules).so same plane differnt game.
There is another ready to go soon,It has a brushless 3700 rpm motor.I have no ideal how mush power it has yet .Started it once to make a check.WOW.All it is ,,is a wing 4 peices of balsa and motor and electrics.Oh yeah the arrow.
Going to fly them both in the morning ..So I better get back to work.I had the wing sheeted .Cut it out to lose some weight.Lost 2 oz.COOL.I hope it makes it through it`s maiden.

Wyatt
Apr 23, 2006, 12:02 PM
All things RC @ FMC!
0s .10 powered 1/2 a low wing sport plane
Apr 30, 2006, 02:42 AM
1/2a Flyer!
Latest build, to honor the Seahawks. Cox super Medallion .049, 3 channels of elev, alerons and rudder. Built quite a few , each as a testbed to better the next one.
Apr 30, 2006, 06:03 PM
Let the good times roll
Herr engineering P-51. Invasion stripes soon to come.
May 14, 2006, 06:31 AM
DH110 ready to test.

Span 34".......OS10 pusher.
May 14, 2006, 09:45 AM
Wow that a nice plane.I havn`t went there still tring to go forward.
Wyatt.
I`ve redone my 1/2er added a blackwidow.I gave the other one to a freind and put a GWS 400 in it.Will convert him later to gas.Got another I was flying and crashed(redeady to go again) with one of those 2410-10.They are sweey.The plane looks like a 1933 racer and it is fast and wild.
Was going to take the .049`s out ,,,but to nasty.
I`m waiting on a Novel .049 to come in the mail.I wanted a RC version but bidded on this one to fast.Also coming is another blackwidow and more .049`s get them while you can.I buy almost everyone I see.There is a dude selling new one cheap on ebay,,,for how long I don`t know.I`ve built and sold a few ,,,,but hate to see a great plane go.
Having a harder time find good nitro.What do you all fly????????????????
I also got bigger planes and alot more to build.But for a quick and cheap day in the air. 1/2 er`s is the way for me.Yes you have your electric`s and your park fliers.I take a 12.95 dollar motor and some old flight pack stuff and some balsa and go fly.
Back to the Studio,
Wyatt.